Chapter 29

♡ Adrian ♡

Deianira will be the death of me. I swear it.

I wished so much that she would just chill and take my advice for once. I think everyone close to me knew how much I cared for this girl despite how hard I've been trying to at least look like I was treating every girl equally. Truth was, none of them eeally had a chance bevause I has my mind pretty much made up.

I wanted her.

I wasn't dumb of course, I was still going to get to know some of the other girls just in case Deianira had to be eliminated or she decided that she was going to continue not doing her best. She had potential, I knew it and so did all of her current instructors. She just had to harvest her talents, and I was determined to drill tht into that pretty little head of hers.

It was a little past one in the morning when I got back, most people were sleeping while a few were in the kitchen getting a late night snack or in the recreation room smoking or having a drink. I decided to head straight to bed since, I was pretty tired and I had a long day tomorrow but I ran into my father who had a smug look on his face.

"Let me guess, another night with Deianira?"

I couldn't lie to my father, because he could always tell. Besides, I trusted him and my mom with everything since we had such an open relationship. "Yes. I talked to her about balancing her studies and training to bring up her ranking and I had Dr. Rosen give her an exam and run some tests on her." I admit.

"What's going on? She's been sick?"

"I didn't find out until today, but yes. I was talking to her and a few of the other girls when I ran into them outside the training center spa. Then she all of a sudden ran to the trash can and starting vomiting, it was a really harsh and violent vomit too. Franco has been tryifng to get her too checked out but she refused. So I had to talk some sense into her." I crossed my arms and leaned my shoulder against my door.

"What did Rosen say?"

"I don't know, she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I should know everything in the morning." I yawned and my dad patted me on the back.

"Relax, and get some rest son. You're going to need it for tomorrow, or should I say later today." He smiled and pulled me into a bear hug.

Knowing that my father genuinely cared for my happiness and well being, gave me a peace of mind. I knew too many Alpha's whose parents only cared about their money, status, and their appearance. It was sad to see that, but I was still happy that I was lucky enough to have two great parents that loved me unconditionally and siblings that I were close to. Every family had its flaws, but mine worked through ours the best we could.

None of us ever gave up on each other.

My heart began to ache as I thought about some of the families the girls come from. I had spoken to a few of them and it pained hear about how one or both of their parents abused or neglected them. Some told me about how badly they were treated once they became Omegas. The thought sickened me.

I laid in bed for hours trying to sleep. The Selection was really starting to overwhelm me in more ways than one, and I was too worried about Deianira.

I could only hope that things would be okay.

The next morning I woke up to my little brother Aspen jumping in my bed. His young eyes were full of excitement, and I knew he was ready for me to get up.

"Alright, Aspen I'm up. Give me a minute." I ruffled the fuzzy brown hair on his head and watched as he hopped of my bed and exited the room.

I rolled out of bed and got myself ready for the day. I promised to take my little brothers to the fair grounds and I'd let my little sister Lena meet the girls in my court. So after throwing on some casual clothing I went downstairs to join everyone at breakfast.