Chapter 9

>>>>> Adrian <<<<<<<

"Can we go now?" My little brother Jeremy asked. I ruffled his brown hair and threw him in a playful headlock.

"In a minute," I respond. Aspen plopped down in the chair next to me and sighed. His blue eyes looking at the ground in true boredom.

"Come on stinky, give up already. She doesn't like you, and I don't blame her," Jeremy says as he slurps his drink knowing good and well there was nothing left. For a 12 year old kid he was super annoying and immature. He might as well have been in the same grade as 6 year old Aspen.

"What did I tell you about calling me that in public you little gremlin," I growled. Jeremy sat down next to Aspen and pulled out his cellphone so he could start playing Angry Birds.

I watched as Deianira returned from theater 12 pushing the custodial cart. Man was she beautiful. Her brown hair, that probably fell just a few inches past her shoulder when she wore it down, was pulled up into a simple ponytail. She didn't wear any makeup, so I could see what she looked like without it. Yes, I could see minor blemishes like the small scar along her jawline close to her ear or the small pimple on her forehead, but it didn't bother me. In fact, I found it refreshing to see that she didn't care about her flaws or at least she didn't show it.

She walked over to the nearest trash can that had gotten full. I would've gone to help her but she pulled out the heavy looking load of trash on her own without a sweat. I smiled as I got a view of her butt as she bent over to tie the bag. Then she smiled as one of the only male Omega's who worked here took the bag from her hands.

She went into the bathroom and a few minutes later she came back out looking refreshed. Her big brown eyes scanned the room and when she caught sight of me I smiled and waved at her. She rolled her eyes and went back to work. I looked at the time and saw that it was 7:00. Surely she'd be getting off work soon.

Jeremy began doing that annoying slurping thing again causing me to growl. He shot me a nervous look and put the cup down. "If you wanted more all you had to do was ask you dufus. You know that slurping shit gets on my nerves." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a twenty.

"Sorry Jay..." he says with a hint of mischief in his voice.

I heard Aspen whimper and rub his stomach. He was hungry. My mother and father were in the city hall negotiating and forming a Pack alliance and other political stuff. They were having dinner there so it was safe to say I was responsible for feeding my younger siblings.

"Okay we're leaving. Just let me do something really quick. Stay here you two," I ordered.

I walked over to the concession counter for the thirteenth time today and smiled at Veronica, the other concessions worker.

Her cheap perfume overpowered me, but it didn't mask her strong Omega scent. She smiled at me with her grey, almond shaped eyes. "Hello again."

"Hi what can I get you Mr. Ferreiro?" she asked. I could tell she was nervous because her voice wavered slightly.

"I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to let me know what time Deianira gets off," I said smoothly. I watched as her shoulders slumped a little from disappointment.

"She umm gets off at around 8 but we're short staffed today so she's probably going to take a break and take on another shift," Veronica said softly.

Just as I was about to respond Deianira walked out of the supply closet and walk over to Veronica. "I'll be back, I'm just going to grab some food and drop off Ruby. You want me to pick something up for you?" She asked.