Chapter 14

>>>>> Deianira <<<<<

After the worst phone call of my life I stayed up all night crying. I cried so much that I dehydrated my entire body and when I looked in the mirror I scared myself.

My brown hair was a complete rats nest, while my face was a flushed pink. My nose was red and slightly raw from all the wiping I had done last night. My lips were puffy, dry and chapped and my eyes were red and puffy as well. I looked like someone who had been stranded in the desert for a year with no food or water. No, I looked more like someone who had a severe allergic reaction to some shellfish. Oh god, the camera crew would be arriving today!

I started to panic as I realized what was really happening. I was about to leave home for the first time to be in a competition to be able to get married to some rich Alpha. If I didn't win, I wouldn't have a mate to come home to since he ended things with me because he had decided give up on us. That meant I would have to live here and deal with my wack ass family and their constant power trip over me. That meant that I would really be an Omega in every way since I no longer had a mate that was planning to claim me and save me from this hell hole.

What in the hell was I going to do now?

>>>>> Liam <<<<<

I cried like a baby as soon as I got off the phone with my mate. My heart was completely broken and it didn't help that I felt all of her pain, which hurt me even more. Breaking things off with her was the hardest thing I could have possibly done but it was necessary.

My brother Gabriel sat by me and patted me on ths back. He didn't try to soothe me with words. He didn't try to get me to stop crying. And he didn't pressure me to tell him anything, because he knew how hard it was to lose a mate.

I cleared my throat as I stopped being such a weak baby. I was a leader, I didn't have the option to sit here and sulk in my misery. I had people who were risking their lives for me, my family, and the pack we were trying to get back. There were people that had been left behind in the pack who are now being ruled by a satanic tyrant. They couldn't leave since they had families and nowhere to go. It was those people, in addition to those who lost everything they had thanks to the jerk and his followers taking over, that I had to fight for.

Because of the mole we now had to start over from square one. Not to mention that a third of my army was killed and another injured from the last battle including me, my sister Lisa, and my other brother James. So I didn't have time to waste.

I stood up and walked over to clean up my face and change the bandage that was over my nasty bullet wound. "You okay bro?" Gabriel asked. I shook my head and he knew what it meant.

"I'm not, but I hope she'll be okay. I broke her heart Gabe, and I broke mines along with it," I answered.

Gabriel sighed and squeezed my shoulder. "I know it hurts man but you got to look at it this way. You did what was best for the both of you. She will have another chance at happiness and so will you, but only if you pull yourself together and be the leader that mom and dad always wanted you to be." I sighed and nodded in agreement.

I followed my brother into the underground bunker. Inside it's cold steel walls were about 100 people who lay in cots injured or sick. Meanwhile in the next room where nearly 100 or so other people ready to fight at my command. Many of them were childhood friends who managed to escape the night of the massacre, while others were either loyal subjects or friends to my parents or people who simply wanted to regain all they had lost and reclaim their home. We weren't much, but I don't think anyone should underestimate a group of people who have nothing to lose but everything to gain.