Chapter 16

♡ Deianira ♡

The day of my departure I was a total mess. I would have never imagined that I would be so nervous about going to the Selection. In the past 48 hours, I began to actually feel like I should try and win this this thing, but mostly for revenge. I knew Liam would be watching, and it gave me pleasure to know that it would hurt him just as much as he had hurt me that night. I know that he was trying to be all noble and shit, but to me it was just plain stupid. I was so angry that he didn't fight for our relationship. He should have let me go with him because I would rather be with my mate and die alongside him then hold my breath and hope he would return to me.

Before, I didn't even care about winning, and I didn't even consider really being in a relationship with Adrian. But now that I was actually going to try, I was beginning to seriously second guess myself.

I shifted in my plane seat uncomfortably as I thought about it. It was defintely nerve racking. I mean the girls in his court were absolutely beast. Half of them looked like they were freaking Victoria's Secret models while the other half either looked like intellectual prodigies or freaking Olympic gold medalists. How could I compete with that?

"Will you calm your nervous as down!" Dellanira growled harshly. I frowned and looked over at her.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You're tapping your leg and doing that thing where you constantly crack your pinky fingers, which are things you do when you're nervous. So calm the hell down, and quit it. You're getting on my nerves," she says before flipping the page of her Rogue magazine.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. The sun was shining, and the sky was clear and beautiful. Below us, you could see the big cities start to become smaller as they disappeared in the distance. In a matter of minutes we were flying over a rural area that looked like were only a bunch of ranches and farms.

Soon the flight attendant, a young redhead wearing a white pantsuit, walked over to us and smiled. "We will be arriving at our destination in the next 15 minutes."

I smiled back and let out a deep breath. I looked back out the window and saw that we were approaching an area that looked like a decent sized city. There weren't any skyscapers or anything, so from the high altitude you could only see the faint outline of the little buildings. The plane started it's decent and I could see we were approaching a somewhat isolated airstrip.

We landed graciously, and Dellanira and I hopped off the plane. As we got off there was a white stretch limo that pulled up a few feet away from the plane. A few seconds after the limo parked, three men in black suits got out the car. One of them was a tall with platinum blonde hair and nice blue eyes while the other was a shorter, but more muscular man with light brown hair, a big nose, hazel eyes, and a nice tanned complexion. The last one, was about 5'11 with black hair, brown eyes, and flawless chocolate brown skin. All three approached us, but only one of the three seemed friendly, and that was man with the hazel eyes.

"Welcome to Texas ladies," he says as he held out his hand for us to shake. "I'm Sigma Franco, and this is Sigma Harvard, and Sigma Vince. We're here to make sure you make it into pack territory safely."

"Nice to meet you all," I respond politely. I shook their hand with my embarrassing sweaty ones and tried my best not to pass out from the heat that was now sucking the energy out of me.

"We should get going. It's about a 45 minute ride to the pack borders, and we are the last group to join the others."

"You mean everyone else is there already?" Dellanira asked.

"Yes, you guys are the last scheduled landing and pickups. Everyone else have been secured into pack borders." The blonde one, Sigma Vince says matter of factly.