Chapter 45

I knocked on the door and waited for Marilyn to open up. Yesterday we agreed to go running since we haven't been able to in a while.

Franco stood behind me quietly as we listened to the shuffling inside the room.

"It's not like you to be so quiet. What's eating you?"

"Deianira, I truly appreciate your concern but I'd rather not discuss certain things with you."

I frowned as I turned to face him,"I thought we were friends. Friends talk to each other about their problems. You never know, I might be able to help."

"I didn't ask for your help, " he grumbled.

" You-"

The door swung open and Marilyn stepped out with her hair in a small bun and her favorite workout outfit. "Hey, Deianira. Good morning Franco."

"Good morning, ready to go?" Sigma Joffrey, a tall red headed Sigma with freckles gave me a small nod as he closed the door behind Marilyn.

"Yeah let's go."

I tried to forget about the way Franco was acting but it bothered me so much. I thought that he trusted me, but maybe there was more going on than what Ruby told me or maybe he was mad me for something.

Marilyn stopped jogging as soon as we saw Adrian and his older brother. They looked like they had been talking about something important but as soon as he saw us he put his conversation on hold.

"Hello ladies. Franco. Joffrey. " Franco and Joffrey gave Adrian and his brother a polite nod as they stood behind Marilyn and I protectively.

"Hi Adrian. I didn't know you ran." Marilyn smiled as she took a swig from her water bottle.

"Well I kind of have to stay in shape. I run in the morning as a warm-up." He walked over and hugged Marilyn tightly before turning towards.

"Why so quiet? Not happy to see me?"

"No, it's not that. I just think the heat is starting melt my brain."

"Uh oh, we can't have that. You're going to need your brain. Maybe you should cool off for a bit." He suggested.

"I don't think that's possible when you're around Adrian." Marilyn bit her lip and I tried to keep myself from wanting to throw up. I mean it was one thing to see Adrian flirt with Marilyn, but it was different seeing things the other way around.

I didn't like it.

But I shouldn't have been so upset, it's not like I didn't know she liked Adrian. I scolded myself for almost forgetting that Marilyn was still my competitor and we were fighting for the same thing.

Adrian laughed and kissed Marilyn on the cheek before he gave me a quick hug and jogged off to catch up with his brother.

Marilyn and I went back to the Resort where we ate breakfast and got massages in my room. Franco and Joffrey just paced around the room scanning for threats and following the protocol. I could still see how upset he was, he wasn't good at hiding it at all.

Once we finished with our massages we walked downstairs to the conference room where we waited for Adrian. He walked in wearing a crisp black suit and his hair combed back neatly.

His smile reached his eyes as the girls oohed and awed in reaction to his smooth entry.

" Good afternoon ladies. You all are looking pretty gorgeous right now."

The room erupted into a series of giggle much to my annoyance.

"I'm sure some of you have plans so I'm going to get started. I've paired you all up based on personality, hopefully you'll be paired with someone you he get along with and if you don't like your roommate I don't care. You will be mature and act cordial. Aubrey and Daphne please step forward." Aubrey, who wore cut-off shorts and a crop top, stepped do ward with a seductive smirk spread across her face. Next to her stood her sidekick Daphne who wore a simple outfit and had her blonde hair pulled into a ponytail.