Chapter 24

♡ Deianira ♡

Today was the first day of training. I was scheduled to take one two hour class per day Monday through Friday at 8 AM, which meant that I had from 10 until curfew to train. Some girls who ciuld afford it opted to hire a personal trainer to help them while others weren't taking the training too seriously. At least I don't think.

The good news was that I could stop working out whenever I wanted to. If I only wanted to train for 30 minutes then I could, and if I wanted to work out until curfew then I could too. So my schedule would be pretty flexible, and I could have a little me time to relax if I decided that's what I wanted. Another great thing was that we had access to one of the best training centers ever. There was a track, two olympic sized pools (one indoor and one outdoor), a basketball court, a raquetball court, a tennis court, a football field, a soccer field, a huge gym, a spa, a sweat lodge, and a lounge; all in one place.

All the girls recieved a schedule that said when all the free training sessions would be held. We could learn how to play a particular sport, or focus on certain weaknesses and we'd have professionals to teach us how.

I decided to have breakfast in my room to gather my thoughts and figure out my strategy. I had to do what was best for me and my body in order to get the most out of these next three weeks.

Franco stood by the window casually as I looked at the schedules given to me. I decided that I needed to be well rounded when it came to sports, since that was what Adrian jinted at during the announcement. So each day I would split my training into four sessions. I'd start off with a warm up, and weight training then I'd take three sessions of sports training; two would be in sports I don't know while the last would be in one that I was familiar with.

>>>>> A few hours later <<<<<

I wasn't surpised that class turned out to be super boring. The professor discussed the different strategies people use when making a speech, since the goals of the speakers is to connect with the audience and be effective in communicating their thoughts, beliefs, and ideas to them. I however, didn't really care about it all since I hated speaking publically and I wasn't really interested in politics and the power struggle that seems to dominate our world. However, Franco reminded me that Adrian was an Alpha from a respected family, and that his chosen mate could possibly be Luna, and take on the role as the Alpha female of the pack. I had to learn how to write speeches, debate tough topics, and be able to address people the best way possible in any given situation.

Ugh, the school part of the Selection would be a total pain in my ass.

When it was over I hurried back to the Resort where I changed into my gym clothes- a pair of gray shorts and a white sports bra- and grabbed my gym bag that held only a change of clothes and shoes. The rest would be provided by the training center.

I started off with with stretching then I went on to lifting weights. I remember the days when I could easily bench 200, but now I struggled to even bench 100. When I looked around I saw two other girls from Adrian's court lifting weights too.

There was Lily, a blonde girl who had great muscle tone for an Omega. She was benching 170 with what looked like ease and that's when it really hit me. I wasn't the MVP of my high school team anymore. I was a washed out athlete, who had let herself go over the last months. I looked to the right of me and saw a girl who had her hair brown hair dip dyed in green and blue benching 155. She looked at me with what looked like amusement before concentrating on her lifting. It was almost as if she was saying that I was some kind of joke.