Chapter 47

I made it back to my room by curfew and I was happy to see that Marilyn was asleep. I don't think I would've been wise to tell her most of the details of the evening. I didn't want to lie or anything, but I knew there were some things that I shouldn't mention.

I was so tired when I returned to my room that I fell asleep that night with no problem.

When morning came, I found myself in a really good mood. Dellanira was with her mate for the day, so I wouldn't have her breathing down my neck. I talked to Keira who told me that she was pregnant with her first kid. Plus Dr. Rosen told me that my Seperation was nearly complete. I should only be on the meds for another two weeks.

I turned on the tv in my room and relaxed. I was still exhausted so I decided today would be a good day to just stay inside and rest.

I was texting Ruby when I heard Liam's name mentioned. My head shot up and my heart began to pound hard against my chest.

Liam was on a talk show and he looked great.

He sat up tall in his white button up shirt and black slacks. His brown hair had been neatly combed into an old gentleman's style, making him look even more sophisticated and important.
Next to him were his siblings who looked just as good. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by a flood of emotions. Pain. Sadness. Fear. Betrayal. Relief. Jealousy. Longing.

When my head began to hurt and my heart blood began to warm up that I was starting to reject the medicine. Liam shifted uncomfortably, and I could tell he was feeling it even though he played it off so well.

Before I knew it I was on the ground screaming for Harvard with the last bit of strength left in me. Harvard ran inside, and when he touched me his hand recoiled.

"Why are you so hot?" He placed one arm under my back and the other under my legs so that he could carry me.

I was taken downstairs where Harvard fanned me until the ambulance arrived. I wasn't surprised when the lobby became full of nosy guests but when Adrian and his brother burst through the front doors of the hotel, everyone looked afraid.

Adrian was dressed in a suit, with his hair neatly groomed. His green eyes scanned the room before landing on me, they softened for a moment before he rushed to my side. His brother and the other Sigmas began dispersing the crowd while Adrian bombarded Harvard with questions.

"Fuck! Where is the ambulance?" He yelled as he cradled my head in his arms.
He growled, but calmed down a little as the sound of a siren got louder and louder.

I was strapped down and lifted onto a gurney before being shoved into the ambulance. Adrian stood back as the medics set to work taking my temperature and blood pressure and asking me yes or no questions. I was already scared at the moment, but when my body started convulsing violently I was terrified.

But those feelings only lasted a short while since I blacked out 20 seconds into the seizure.

When I woke up I found Franco and Ruby huddled up in the corner of the hospital room. Franco held her tightly in his arms as Ruby laid her head against his chest. It took me a while to notice how pale Ruby was, while her eyes were bloodshot, and her lips looked a little dry. She probably looked worse than I felt right now, and that's saying something.

"You need to eat Ruby." He whispered.

"I just ate a sandwich Franco." She rolled her eyes and Franco sighed.

"That's not what I meant and you know it. It's been a week."

A week since what? I stayed quiet and closed my eyes again so that I could continue to eavesdrop.