Chapter 42

♡ Deianira ♡ 

On the last day of the tournament all the girls were beside themselves— even me. The scariest part were the fights, and stare downs. Alliances were being broken, and people's true colors were starting to show. 

Three huge things have happened in the past 48 hours. For one, someone played a deadly prank on one of the Hipsters, leaving her hairless and badly dehydrated. Now she is in the hospital and out of the running. I had my suspicions on who it was but, since the girl was unconscious and there were "no witnesses", it would be difficult to investigate.

Then, Caitlyn finally confessed that she had found her mate, which happened to be Jeffrey Peterson— Adrian's amazingly hot cousin. Marilyn and I were the only ones other than Adrian and the Selection staff who knew about it,. She trusted us enough to tell us that, and I admired her for making the right choice and choosing her mate. He's hot anyway...

Lastly, there's been an attack on one of Alpha Ferreiro's colony packs in Southern California, not far from Liam's pack. (By the way, colony packs are smaller packs that are ruled by an Alpha who lives in another location.) There were a lot of people here in East Texas who had connections to this colony pack. In fact, they were so furious that Alpha Ferreiro has gone to his war chamber to investigate and call the shots leaving Adrian and his older sibling responsiblity over the East Texas pack while their mother deals with the other colony packs.

However, tonight was the last event and Adrian and his siblings believed that it would be best to continue with the tournament. People needed to be distracted, to help prevent mass panic.
Today most of the girls were given orders to go and spend time out in public instead of cooped up somewhere in the Resort or Training Center. It turns out that it was actually a secret test and Marilyn and I passed with flying colors.

We decided to go to the arcade and take a walk through the park. To be honest, we spent most of the time taking pictures and signing autographs. I got to hold a little baby, and play basketball with a few middle school kids. Meanwhile Marilyn danced with senior citizens, and played hopscotch with little girls. We had no idea that we were being filmed the entire time, and we sure didn't know that we would be receiving twenty-five grand each for being ourselves.

Della, was pleased with the good publicity and predicted that I would see very positive poll results. Meanwhile one of the Barbies took a huge hit since she was caught being extremely mean to the clean up crew in one of the movie theaters.

So after the ugly prank, the colony attack, and the secret challenge people were starting to seriously lose their minds.

I waved as Caitlyn got in the car to return home, she made a statement explaining that she no longer wanted to be apart of the Selection because the entire process was too much for her. She couldn't handle the pressure and she was afraid that she would be wasting her time when her true mate was out there somewhere. She had bowed down gracefully, and now she had the next plane ticket home. It was all part of their plan to avoid a big scandal.

Meanwhile Marilyn and I have been keeping a close eye on Brooklyn who has started forming alliances with other girls. It was interesting to see how she manipulated them and even caused some of the disputes between the other groups. Then after it all she would come over towards Marilyn and I, and pretend that it didn't happen— and we pretended that we didn't notice it.