Chapter 15

Dellanira

There was a soft knock on my door pretty early in the morning. The instant my wolf perked up I knew it was my wonderful mate Brandon. I slid out of my bed and walked over to open the door for him.

"Good morning sunshine," he says as he planted a kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled as I looked into his gorgeous hazel eyes. I loved him so much that it hurt sometimes. We both felt guilty about how Deianira was affected by our relationship but in the end we both deserved to be happy.

"Good morning," I say sweetly as I give him another quick peck on the lips.

"I just wanted to see you before I leave on my trip. I'm going to miss you," he says gently.

"Aww babe, I'm hoing to miss you too! I wish that you could come with me to the East Texas Pack Selection. I don't know how I'm going to stay sane dealing with my sister." Brandon gave me a sympathetic look before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I still don't understand why you're putting yourself through this after all she's done to you the past couple of weeks."

"As much as I hate how she's treating me, I can't abandon my sister in her time of need. I should have stood by her more growing up and now I'm starting to really see how unfair it was for her growing up. Her and my mother were so close you would've thought they were glued together, while I was always a little closer to my dad. When my mother died, it was as if she lost everything. She stopped dancing, she stopped trying in school, annd she simply changed. She wasn't always like this Brandon," I explain.

Brandon sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. "I know it must have been hard for her, but her losing her mother didn't make her change, she made those choices for herself. Besides, you aren't obligated to help her."

"If I don't help her then who will? My mother isn't here! My brother is concerned with his own life. And honestly speaking, my dad could care less about Deianira. I used to think Deianira would just be jealous, or she didn't like my father for various reasons. I used to think that she was crazy for thinking my father didn't like her but...I see it now." I say as I sat in his lap. Brandon wrapped an arm around my waist and took my hand in his.

"What do you mean?"

"I was looking through some of the old photo albums Deianira left behind. I saw that my brother and I were there for most of her games and competitions but my father was never in one photo because he was never there. I used to make the excuse that he had a busy and demanding job and he needed to provide for us, but that wouldn't explain why he always took off for any competition or event I did. He used to make Deianira work for the money to go to certain events or pay for her uniforms and sports gear, but my father always handed me the money I needed with no strings attached. When I wanted to go out and spend time with my friends, he wouldn't hesitate to say yes but with Deianira...he made her do chores, go to tutoring, and when she had nothing to do he would make her work to be 'productive'. " Brandon's face started to soften and I could tell he was starting to understand where I was coming from.

I looked him in the eyes and continued to make my point. "Every birthday we had, my father never really asked Deianira what she wanted but he would ask me weeks before. When it came down to it, I always got what I wanted but Deianira didn't get half of the things I got. I guess that's why she's always hated celebrating our birthday."

"Dellanira, as much as all of that sucks...You can't keep putting yourself through this. I'm tired of seeing her hurt you." He kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand gently.

I frowned and looked down at my feet. "This is the last time I'm trying to get through to her. If she doesn't start acting right in the next few months then I'm done. I just wanted to help her get the love she deserved you know. You were the last person she really liked and was with and you didn't end things well with her. Plus I was the reason you two split in the first place; I took you away from her. She has no one else Brandon."