Chapter 25

♡ Adrian ♡

I was glad to hear that Deianira put a good effort into the first day of her training. I was able to look at the check in logs and the daily grades for all of the girls and it was good to see that she was ranking pretty high.

I set up the small picnic that I decided to have with Deianira, and I made sure that the camera crew would be focusing on the other girls two give me and Deianira a little off camera time. I didn't want people seeing how much I favored Deianira over the others. My father warned me about being biased and focusing on one girl but honestly, it was hard to take his advice when I already feel like I've found the one. Now don't get me wrong I'm attracted to all of the other girls, and some of them seemed very cool but there was something about Deianira that makes her different from all of them.

I heard the sound of footsteps in the distance and I could hear her gentle voice in the wind. She must have been talking to Franco.

She walked into the clearing wearing causal jeans, black and white high top converse, and a grey hoodie that said CUTIE.

"Hey cutie." I winked and I could see a blush creep up on her cheeks.

"Why hello handsome?" Franco says in his wierd girl voice. He blew a kiss to me and I narrowed my eyes.

Before I could respond, Deianira laughed. It sounded so beautiful and light, almost as if she didn't have a care in the world. "You know I was talking to you and not that sorry excuse for a girl right?"

She nodded and took a seat next to me on the blanket. "Yeah, I know."

"Good. Now give daddy some sugar," I puckered my lips and she leaned in slowly and once our lips were slightly touching she smiled and gave me a gentle peck on the corner of my lips.

"Oh that was terrible!" Her eyes looked me up and down and I couldn't help but love the attention. It was like she was finally noticing me for the sexy god I was.

"Mmmm, really? I was told I was a great kisser." She winked and ran her fingers through my hair.

"Well if that's what you call a kiss then someone must've lied to you." I was able to see her deep dimples when she gave me a light girly laugh.

"I guess so."

I looked into her brown eyes and sighed as I bathed in the beauty of them until she cleared ber throat and looked down at her hands. "So I uh brought dinner. I hope you like Chinese."

She nodded quietly as I began to empty the basket and it's contents. She remained quiet which made me nervous. Was she ready to leave? Did I do something upset her?

Man, I really hope that this doesn't turn into a disaster.

♡ Deianira ♡

This was all wrong.

I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be lying beside one of the most gorgeous men in the wereworld. Not when I had a mate out there, doing or faceing god knows what.

Adrian gently raked his long, and nimble fingers though my hair. He slid in closer to me as he kissed me along my jawline and nibbled on my earlobe. At first it felt great, I enjoyed the feel of his warm breath on my neck and below my ear. Then, I felt the same horrible pain I had in my gut before.

Get away from him! You shouldn't be this close! A voice in my head says.

I pulled away and bit my lip nervously. "Is there something wrong?"

"I kind of don't feel well. This isn't right." I confess. Adrian's eyes narrowed and his brows pointed downward towards his nose.

"Why not? Why am I making you feel so uncomfortable?" He asks.

"I don't know...I just feel like I'm cheating on my mate. I know he broke up with me and he said he didn't want me, but I just-" I sighed and clasped my hands together tightly, "I don't feel like I should be getting this close with you."

Adrian's face softened and he looked away from me for a moment. "You're still going through the Separation period."

When he turned back to me he sighed and sat up. "I'm sorry. This was too soon for you, I wasn't thinking."

"It's fine its not your fault. And for the record, I um like being close to you but something about it also bothers me. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay Deianira. You just need time. I hope you still enjoyed tonight though..." his voiced trailed off as he wrapped his arms around his knees and looked out into the spring pond.

"I did." I rub his arm gently and kiss him on the cheek, despite the tingly sensation in my lips it caused.

Adrian nodded, dismissing me and I was happy to go. I was starting to feel really sick, and I don't know why, but I had a good feeling that it had something to do with Liam.