Chapter 13

Deianira

I groaned once I heard my phone start ringing but when I saw who it was, I was excited.

"Hello?" I say sweetly.

"Hey Nira, are you alright?" Liam asks with that sexy deep voice of his.

"I'm fine Liam. How are things with you?" I ask.

"I'm doing okay. I'm just missing my one and only," he says huskily. I smiled and laid back in my bed. For some reason it felt a lot more comfortable than usual.

"I miss you too Liam. It's just so hard without you here. I need you," I say softly. A lump began to form in my throat as I really thought about what had been happening for the past month without Liam.

"I'm so sorry Nira. I wish I could be with you more than anything but I have a duty to my pack and a promise I made to my parents. I have to do this," he says. I could tell from the sound of his voice that he was hurt too. Did he feel my pain?

"I know. I understand, but it doesn't make this any easier." I sigh and wipe the tear that escaped from my eye.

"I know babe. I know this is hard but I need you to stay strong for me."

"I'm trying. I just hope you'll be back soon. I want you to be here when I get back." I turned over onto my side and sniffled a bit.

"Back from where?" He asks. I shot up in my bed with a slightly confused look on my face.

"You mean, you haven't heard? I've been selected to be a part of Adrian Ferreiro's court. I'm leaving in three days..." I waited for him to respond but there was a long heartbreaking silence. "Liam?"

There was a brief silence before he finally responded. "As much as I don't want you going I have no choice but to let you. This is all my fault."

"Liam, you were just doing what you thought was best for me. You couldn't have known something like this would happen. It was just chance," I say in an attempt to make him feel better although deep down...I believed he was partly to blame.

"I know you feel it's my fault too. Don't tell me what I want to hear. Tell me what I need to hear, and right now it's the truth."

"Okay, yes Liam you could have done things a lot differently, but you didn't and you can't go back and change it. A wise person once told me that 'Sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath, and hope things will eventually work out'." I smiled as I thought about when Liam came and comforted me in the woods, it was such a sweet and romantic moment. One of many moments that I would never forget.

"Hmmm I wonder who said that? He's probably an idiot," Liam says lightly. I laughed and sighed in relief, for a moment the conversation was taking a turn for the worst and I don't think either of us wouldn't be ready to deal with that because right now...we desperately needed each other's love and support.

>>>> The Next Day<<<<

To my utter annoyance, I woke up to the sound of someone banging on my door like they had lost their mind. I rolled my eyes as I looked through the peephole and saw my stupid sister, her snobby friend Ashley, and her mate, my ex, Brandon. I groaned and thought about ignoring it, but then Dellanira started banging on the door again and buzzing my doorbell like it was no freaking tomorrow.

I threw the door open and gave Dellanira and her entourage a mean death glare. "Will you quit it! What the hell is your problem?"

Dellanira's fist clenched as she tried to control her anger. "No what the hell is yours? I told you to be ready at 8, we have a ton of things to do!"