Chapter 17

♡ Deianira ♡

The young Sigmas opened the door and let us enter the nice private room. There were 3 white leather couches that were set up in a semicircle near the center of the room facing the wall while there were a few tables, a station with snacks and a bar for drinks near the window. Meanwhile there were two flat screen TVs, one above the bar and the other wall in front of the couches. On the couches were all the girls chatting and gossiping. Most of them went quiet as Dellanira and I entered the room. Two of the girls squealed and ran up to us or should I say Dellanira.

"Oh my gosh you are way prettier than your picture. For a minute I thought you were going to be a total mess!" A red head with almond shaped brown eyes and a wide colgate smile says to my sister.

The girl next to her, a pretty brunette with blue eyes and a very thin, petite figure, nodded in agreement. "Yea, I mean what were you thinking wearing that Jersey in your picture? It was almost like you didn't want to get a guy." I rolled my eyes at their stupid comments. I mean how dumb could these two be? I know Dellanira and I were twins but common sense would say that I was the one from the picture. My hair was the same, I had no make up on, and I had the same laid-back, sporty style. Besides, I do look a mess, why in the hell would the Escort look worse than her client? I mean I would at least have my hair and makeup done.

"Umm...I think you have the wrong twin. My sister Deianira is in the court. I'm her Escort." Dellanira clarifies. The two girls looked over at me and scowled.

"Oh," the bruntte said with a look of complete disgust. It was like I was a speck of dirt on her four hundred dollar designer shoes.

"Alright, ladies! Settle down and take your seats. Adrian will be here in a matter of minutes," A tall man in an expensive looking suit says. He gestured for me and the other girls to join the others on the couches and smiled. "Oh and Escorts are by the tables, you can join them there my dear." He says to Dellanira who smiled politely and nodded in understanding.

I tried not to look discouraged as I made my way towards the couches. I decided to go sit towards the more normal looking court members. There was the one girl who had a short brown hair cut that was curled neatly. She was wearing a simple plaid shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I gave her a friendly smile which she quickly returned as I sat in between her and another girl who was preoccupied with her makeup.

"Well that was humiliating. I've only been here for 2 minutes and I already feel like a loser," I say gently hoping to break the ice. She laughed and patted my leg comfortingly.

"Don't worry. I was so nervous I tripped over my own boot and fell flat on mah face," She said in a surprisingly sophisticated Southern accent.

"Ouch, that's rough, but you can defintely recover from that." I said.

She smiled as she shook her head. "Marilyn Phillips." She held out her hand and I quickly shook it.

"Deianira Santiago."

"Nice to finally meet someone friendly. I would've never guessed you would be this nice in person." She admits.

I tilted my head to the side curiously. "Why do you say that?"

"I don't know. I guess your picture was a little intimidating," she said softly.

My jaw nearly dropped. "My picture? Intimidating?"

"Yeah, you looked pretty tough and kind of mean, plus you're really beautiful." I laughed at the last part. She gave me a very confused look before asking, "What did I say that so darn funny?"

"You said I was beautiful. I mean I'm decent looking but I don't-" I looked around and realized that some of the other girls nearby could be listening in on our conversation so I leaned in closer to her ear and covered my mouth with my hand.