Chapter 10

** Deianira **

Its been almost two weeks since my last encounter with Adrian. He didn't come after me after I told him was taken, at he had enough respect to not be willing to be with someone who was already taken. He had enough decency to not take something that wasn't his. Speaking of being taken, Liam finally texted me yesterday. He told me that they were finally starting the attack. He was convinced that he would be back in the next few weeks. I just had to be patient and that's what I tried hard to be.

A few days ago I had to officially register as an Omega and enter the Blackbook. I had to tell the woman who was processing me in the system things like my age, height, weight, natural hair and eye color, whether or not I was a Beta, Delta, or Zeta. Then I had to take a series of photo's that would show up every time I was pulled up in my system. While everyone else looked their best in the pictures I looked my normal self. I wore a crop top Jersey, simple blue jeans, black and blue Jordans. My hair was in my usual ponytail and as far as makeup I only put on lipgloss.

Hopefully no one would try to make a match with me. The next big event was going to be the Alpha Selection. For the next two weeks all of the Alpha's ,male and female, who wanted to participate were entering and looking through possible canidates.

I knew there would be thousands of candidates. No doubt the majority of them would be either smart, super pretty, or talented in some way. Meanwhile I had no one those qualities. But for some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would be selected by a certain someone. He'd come across my name and picture and view my profile. He'd see that I wasn't technically taken, and that I was eligible to compete. He'd choose me because I was from the East Georgia Pack and his parents had just formed a pact alliance with us and I couldn't turn the selection

If I was lucky I would be overlooked. He'd go after girls who were more his type, the slutty, spoiled, and conceited. If I was lucky he would have forgotten about me.

But who was I kidding? I was never lucky.

I paced my room as I tried to figure out a plan. What could I do if I was selected? To be honest, I really had no clue.

** Adrian **

I yawned as I continued to flip through the Blackbook with my older brother's and my father. This was the third day of searching and I was starting to get bored of scanning and going through so many profiles. So far I had only selected three of the seven, meaning I had four more to go.

I grabbed my water and took another swig. "Okay what about her?" My brother Cain asked.

I looked at the blonde girl who was wearing a crop top and short leather shorts. It looked like she worked at Hooters or something. I had to admit she was very beautiful. Her blue eyes had a hint of mischief in them and from what I could tell she was very image concerned. As I looked at her I wondered why she wouldn't have a mate.

I listened as my brother read out her profile. "Sophia Beauregard. She's 20, she stands at 5'11', graduated with a 2.5 GPA, was the head cheerleader of her high school squad, got suspended several times for ditching, fights, and getting caught engaging in inappropriate activities involving other male students. She currently works as an assistant to her mother, Geraldine Beauregard, a well known fashion designer and lives in her own apartment in her pack's Omega complex. As far as relationship status, she is single because her mate Terrence Minnelli rejected her. He was the Alpha of their pack," he summarizes.

I sighed and tapped my pen on the desk. "Maybe," I finally said.

My father raised a brow at me. He obviously didn't like the idea of me choosing someone like that, but he didn't say anything.

He trusted that I would make the right choice.

"That's it for the North Vegas pack," my brother Jesse says as he went back to the Blackbook menu. "What's next?"

There was a burning curiosity of mine. The past two weeks I tried my absolute hardest to forget her but I couldn't. All I could think of was how I chased after her that day and she told me that she was taken. I wanted to believe her but I couldn't. I smelled her Omega scent, she didn't have a mate. Besides, her boyfriend or whatever he was to her was nowhere to be found. I had even asked people if she was seeing anyone and I earned a dozen laughs before they told me no.

I took a deep breath before I decided to check. The system had to have been updated within the past two weeks due to the Alpha Selection taking place. "Can I look for someone specific?" I ask.

Jesse nodded and went to the Blackbook search. "What's her name?"

"Deianira Santiago," I say as I leaned forward. A smile crept on all their faces since they knew very well who I was talking about. Jesse searched for her and after a few seconds of waiting, her profile appeared.

"Deianira Santiago. She just turned 18 two weeks ago. She graduated in June with a GPA of 2.3. She was the MVP two years in a row for the varsity basketball team, and was the team Captain of her volleyball team. She got suspended four times for fighting with her peers. Her teachers believed that she could have been as smart as her sister Dellanira, if she had only spent more time studying and less time fighting and dribbling a ball. She's single, but she claims she has a mate a mate and has found him. However, she could neither identify him to be investigated or show any signs or marking or claiming," Jesse finished.

They all studied me as I looked closely at her pictures. She was wearing a cropped Laker Jersey, and a pair of simple blue jeans. Her hair aas in a classic ponytail, and she wore lip gloss that made her lips look more luscious. Other than lipgloss, she didn't wear any other cosmetics, which was one of the things I had liked from the beginning. Her big round brown eyes looked hard and intimidating yet I had seen that they could be soft and gentle. Yes!

"Sooo..." Cain says. He broke me out of my zone and let me come back to the present.

"Yes. I want her," I decide. My father smiled, was he happy with the choice? Had he predicted it?

I watched as she was processed and added to my Selection. I leaned back in my arm chair in complete satisfaction because now...all I had to do was wait.