Chapter 3

I couldn't keep control any longer. I couldn't hold myself back anymore.

I wrap my arms around his neck and give him the hungriest and most passionate kiss I've ever given in my life. A deep growl escapes his lips as he lays me down on the bed and hovers over my body. I ran my fingers through his soft hair and lightly gripped it.

My body shook as his hands slowly traveled from my waist down to my thighs so that he could grip them tightly. By instinct I responded by wrapping them around him. As things were heating up even more, he pulled away from me out of breath. I frowned and tried to pull him back down but he resisted.

"You don't want me?" The slight waver in my voice betrayed my hurt. It was bad enough he couldn't claim me and mark me as his mate. Now he didn't want to be with me while we were alone and in private.

"Nira. We can't do this right now," he says as he unwraps my legs from around him.

"Why not?" I whine. I kissed him gently along his neck and began to nibble on his earlobe, earning another deep growl that only turned me on even more.

"Because...I will not be able to keep control," he admits. I laughed and continue to nibble on his ear.

"So? Lose control." I say sweetly.

"If I lose control, I won't be gentle. I'd be rough and overpowering, only looking to please myself. Then I'd mark you out of possessiveness. I can't do that to you," he says.

"So what will waiting do?"

"It'll give me time to go fight for my pack and when I come back I would have satisfied my aggressive nature for a while. I'm sure all I'll want or think about is mating with you. I won't have the overwhelming tension and anger that I'm dealing with now," he explains. I looked into his eyes knowing that he was serious, which angered and frustrated me. I growled before rolling out of his bed and walking towards the window.

"Nira!" He called after me.

"Don't! I don't want to hear another stupid word out of your f-ing mouth!" I spat harshly. I saw him cringe at my words. Surely he could feel the anger that now radiated from me.

"I thought you understood," he said gently. He stood up and walked over to me once more, smothering me with his sweet, intoxicating scent.

"That's the thing Danny. I understand perfectly. It doesn't mean I like it for a second." Before he could take hold of me, I jumped onto the same thick branch I used to get into his room.

"I'm sorry Deianira. I really wish things could've been different." I rolled my eyes and climb down from the tree.

"I wish it could've to," I muttered bitterly. After returning into the woods, I ran home as fast as I could. There was nothing that would comfort me now.

I found my mate, but he was going to let my biggest fear come true. He was going to let me become an Omega. He was going to make me endure the cruelest treatment so that I could "be safe from his enemies." I would've fought alongside him as his mate. I could've disguised myself as he and his family had been doing all these years. But no! I had to be left behind.

It was two in the morning when I climbed back into my bedroom from my window. I quickly tore off my clothes and changed into more comfortable nightwear so I could go to bed.

The only problem was that I couldn't sleep. Danny-I mean Liam- texted me saying he was sorry. He even told me he loved me, which for the slightest second brought warmth to my heart. Then the bitterness returned as I thought to myself "Saying 'I love you' wasn't going to change the fact I was soon to be an Omega." Instead of hurting his feelings out of anger, I just decided not to respond. I just let him think that I was sleeping.

Hours passed and soon enough the sun began to rise. I did not get one bit of sleep so I was tired, but I got up anyway. I took my shower and dragged myself downstairs to help the cooks in the kitchen as part of my punishment. I might as well get used to it though, because soon enough this will be my job. I'd be cooking, cleaning, and serving the Alpha family from sun up to sundown. Then I'd be sent back to my cell in the Omega house.

I sighed as I flipped over the last pancake and placed it over a stack of other pancakes. Then I began to wash the pots, pans and incoming dishes while everyone else ate breakfast. Being in the kitchen slaving over the stove and scrubbing every dirty thing in site didn't really bother me as much as it has in the past. It actually soothed me in some odd way.

The head cook from the kitchen patted me on the back and commended me on my good work. Then she sent me off to my maid duties for the day.

My first task was to take out everyone's laundry and bring it down to the laundry room in the cleaning house that was out in the back yard. Since there were 30 residents in the pack house, I had to pick up laundry for at least an hour, carrying baskets of dirty underwear and sweaty socks down to the washroom in the cleaning house. When I was done, I was given the task of washing, ironing, and folding all the dirty laundry. It took me hours, but it was a good thing there were multiple machines that helped speed up the process of washing and drying.

As I began my last two loads of clothes, my father and sister walked into the room. I didn't say anything to them since I didn't want to talk to either of them. Della placed a tray of ice cold lemonade and a club sandwich on a nearby table and smoothed out the wrinkles in her yellow sundress. My father, who had been dressed in his work clothes, cleared his throat. As much as I would've love to ignore him, I forced myself to look up from the washer.

"Good afternoon, Deianira."

"Hi," I answer bitterly. Normally I would've something snarky and sarcastic, but I just stayed silent and angry.

"Rosa told me you've been doing good today," he says.

I wanted to roll my eyes and say "So the freak what?" But instead I just nodded my head and said, "Okay."

My sister tilted her head to the side, no doubt wondering what's caused me to be so down. My father's brows had furrowed in confusion as well.

"I know that you probably think I'm being a little harsh, but you have to understand the position you put me in yesterday. We are part of the Alpha family by marriage, and that means you have to start acting appropriate. You are too old to be getting into fights with others the way you did last night," he explains with a gentleness in his voice. He sat at the table and clasped his hands together as he waited for my response.

"Okay," I repeat before returning to my work. I didn't have time to waste, having a stupid and meaningless conversation. I could care less about keeping up appearances with the rest of the pack when in six days I would lose all their respect. I had other things to worry about, like how I was going to delay having to go register as an Omega or how I was going to stay single until my true mate came for me.

But it wasn't like my father really cared. He had a good job, a wife, and a new kid on the way, a son that was now one of the head guards, and a perfect daughter who everyone thought was most likely to become a Luna.

Why did he care about little old me? The daughter who never got good grades, always dressed like a boy, and never knew how to stay out of trouble. But soon enough I would be out of his thick brown hair, because he could simply send me away to the Omega house where I would be secluded from the rest of the pack.

Yay me.

♡ V O T E ♡

☆ C O M M E N T ☆

♡ S H A R E ♡