l e x i / k i n g

A few months later...

Lexi

My mom and I have been giving King the cold shoulder, since he told us what happened in Long Island. When he told us, my mom took off her belt and whooped him. He deserved it. In our house, cheating in any kind of way is unacceptable. Literally. 

After finding out what happened, I dropped Mya. I can't drop King because he's my brother, but I can drop her. Darnell dropped King, so Darnell and I hang out in and out of school. Since that happened, Darnell and I have drawn closer. 

Y'all probably wondering what happened to Lucas. He moved to where his little sister's father is. His mom, Chyna and him moved. They moved a few days ago. We all had a little get-together for him. It was fun. 

Do you guys remember Destin? The guy I met at the corner store? Guess what? We're dating now. We started dating a few days after I got back from Thanksgiving break. We were hanging out at my house. He brought me McDonald's, candy, Little Caeser's pizza, and some apple juice. I thought he did something wrong, because that's usually what people do before they drop the bomb on you. The bomb he dropped was "Will you be my girl?" 

It wasn't a destructive bomb, it was like a bath bomb. A bomb you can't wait to get in and take pictures with, and hope it lasts forever. I hope this bath bomb lasts forever. He told me that he does deal drugs, but it's just to put himself through college. He's a freshman in college. His family lives in Virginia, but they don't have a lot of money. 

So when he got accepted into the University of Rochester, he took it. He wants to be a nurse. When he told me, he became so much more attractive. Just picture his sexy ass as a damn male nurse. 

A/N: Destin in the MM

I was upset with him that he's choosing to deal drugs to get through college instead of getting a legit job. But he brought it to my attention that it's because it's fast money, and the little part-time job isn't going to pay for tuition. So I understand, but I'm still not happy with it. I don't tell him that. I just tell him that I'll support him 110% and I pray for him as much as I can. 

At the moment, I'm getting dressed to go to the baby store. A few weeks ago, Mercy found out what she's having. 

A girl!

Darnell is coming to pick me up in a few minutes, to go pick her up and go shopping for the baby. Since we kicked Mya and King out of our circle, we've become our own little circle. Including Destin, when he's not working or at school. 

I dressed myself in a pair of American Apparel jeans, an Adidas Trefoil hoodie, and a pair of Adidas Originals Superstar sneakers. I didn't feel like carrying a purse, so I just carried everything I needed in my hands. My keys and Chapstick were in my hoodie pocket, and I carried my phone wallet in my hand. 

I was finishing, laying my baby hairs down when I heard a beep outside. "Is this nigga really beeping at me?" I put my hair toothbrush down and went downstairs. I was home alone since my mom was out with her boyfriend and King was at work. 

I locked the front door behind me and walked towards Darnell's car. I got in the passenger seat and buckled myself in. "What's good sis?" 

"You know, I'm just living" I said in my best man voice. 

"You try so hard. Now that you with Destin, you think you hard?" 

"Boy, I been hard. Don't get it twisted" I turned back to Trell and he was back there munching on some Cheez Itz. "How you crunching on them chips when you only got two front teeth?"

"His little fat ass using them gums" I laughed at him, because he was mugging Trell. All Trell did was smile at him. Darnell couldn't help but smile back at him.