b i r t h d a y / g i r l / 1

Mercy

It's 8 o'clock in the morning. Lucas wanted Chyna to stay the night at my house so he could decorate the house. He had came over to drop her off, and Chyna had dozed off on my lap. I went upstairs to go put her in my bed, so Lucas and I could talk.

He said that his mom still lives there, at the house. She isn't home daily, but they'll see her once a week. Apparently, she's coming to the birthday party, and Chyna's dad and his side of the family are coming too. Lucas called up his mom's side of the family too.

While we were talking, he said that his mom and Chyna's dad, don't get along very well. So I'm wondering how the hell this is going to work out. But, hopefully they put their problems aside, and celebrate their daughter's birthday party.

Chyna is still sleeping, so I sneak out of bed and throw on some slippers. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. Since I sleep sort of wildly, my bonnet and scarf tend to fall off. Usually in the middle of the night I wake up, to re-wrap it, but I was in a deep ass sleep.

I took my prenatal vitamins before brushing my teeth. I looked down at what I was wearing. I had on a big white tee, boxer shorts, and fuzzy socks. Since I'm going downstairs, I put on some fleece black joggers, and a royal blue long sleeve shirt.

I didn't take off my boxer shorts or fuzzy socks. So my boxer shorts were showing, because I had my joggers hanging off of my butt a little. This is actually kind of comfortable. I just don't agree with dudes wearing basketball shorts, and having them bunched up.

I took my phone off the charger and headed downstairs. When I got down there, Bronx was trying to bite open his bag of food. I picked up and held him in air. "What are you doing, mister?" He started to whimper.

"Uh Uh, you better stop with that right now" I put him down and gave him a serious look. He sat down and put his head down. He knows who the boss in this house. I opened his bag of food, and poured it in the bowl. He started going in, so I went and got the jug of Poland water from the kitchen and poured it in his bowl.

After I got Bronx all settled down, I got ready for the birthday girl. I looked in the fridge and pulled out bacon, eggs, cheese, and other ingredients.

I turned on Soundcloud and played my custom playlist, and put it on shuffle. The first song that came on was Planes by J. Cole and Jeremih. I moved my hips to Jeremih singing and started making the pancake mix.

As soon as J. Cole's part was about to come on, someone had to call me. Lucas. What does this fucker want?

M: Hello, Lucas. What the hell do you want?

-Open the door

M: You didn't call and tell me you were going to stop by

-Did I have to?

M: Umm, yeah. It's rude not to baby boy

-Well whatever. Open the door.

M: Ask nicely

-Girl if you don't open this damn door

M: What you gon do?

- *silence*

M: Exactly

-Please can you come open the door?

M: That's all I wanted

I hung up the phone and put the bowl down. I paused the song, because I knew it would start playing as soon as I hung up. I wanted to be here when J. Cole started to get nasty.