b i r t h d a y / g i r l / 3

Mya POV

"Darnell!" I yelled to him, from downstairs. He's supposed to be dressed and ready by now. I'm not ready yet. The party for Chyna had already begun, and we're going to be late.

"This takes time, woman" He said coming down stairs. He had on some black joggers that were half fleece from his hips to his knees. The half leather, knees down. With a pair of Nike Air Yeezy 2, "Red October". And a black shirt, with a black and white version of Kanye's face.

"You don't look right" I looked him up and down, standing up with Trell in my arms. I didn't get him dressed because Darnell wanted to.

"What you mean I don't look right?" He started to look himself over. I bit my lip, trying to figure out what his outfit was missing.

"Ooh!" It finally came to me. Trell flinched in my arms, because it was sort of an outburst.

"Go and get that hat. That hat that I got for you. I got you a hat to go with those shoes. You look stupid wearing just that." He scrunched up his nose at my insult.

"Give me my son so I can get him dressed. Since mommy wants to be mean and shit" I laughed, holding Trell out so he can take him.

We all started up the stairs. He turned into Trell's bedroom, and I turned into ours. I saw my phone flashlight notification blinking. I picked it up and saw some new messages from my mom.

To: Me

From: Mommy

-Baabbbeee!

-I'm coming to visit you in a week

-And Vincent is coming too

-We'll be staying in a hotel though

-I miss you soo much Pooka

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and frustration. My mom doesn't know about Darnell and I. She doesn't know that I had moved out of the house a while ago. She doesn't know a lot of things. It's going to be a hell of a visit when she gets down here.

I can just picture her face when she finds out that I've been raising my boyfriend's love child. I really don't even feel like explaining all this shit either. She's going to be upset and yelling. When she's mad, her voice gets so annoying. I have a week to figure out how to break this shit to her.

Welp. Whatever happens... Happens.

I put my phone back down, and started thinking about what to wear. Darnell's outfit came to mind. But I really didn't want to be that couple. And knowing him, he'll try and match Trell with him. Nah. I don't want to be that couple. Not today.

I do that shit, when we going to the mall or something. Not when we going to a little kid's birthday party.

I looked in my closet and decided to wear the same kind of pants he's wearing, but as leggings. I threw the leggings on my bed, then went in drawer for a shirt. After looking for nearly 10 minutes, I decided on a long sleeve white and black shirt, that stops right under my belly button.

It had one black stripe going around the sleeve, and the number "32" on it. I threw the shirt on the bed and caught a glance of the clock. It's 4:57 and the party starts at 5. Great. Thanks Darnell. And the fact that Lucas lives all the way across town makes it worse.

Ugh.

I had to start thinking quicker. "Babe! I need help" Darnell came in yet again, holding a conversation with Trell. He had his hand in his mouthing, biting it with his gums. Oh! Did I mention that he started growing teeth. He had two front bottom and top teeth. He's still teething though.