b e g i n n i n g

Mercy

When I got into the car with Mya, she kept looking at me, as if she was trying to figure me out. I ignored it at first, but I could feel her burning a whole into the side of my face. I looked over at her when we stopped at a light.

"What?!" I semi-yelled at her. She smirked and looked forward.

"Where you going to stay?" She asked me

I contemplated for a moment. I didn't know the answer to that question.

"You can stay at my place" She said, after realizing I didn't know what to say.

"I'll pay rent" I said quickly

"Nah boo you cool. We family. Not blood. But we family. Family helps each other through struggles" She said. I shed a tear, because I'm going through a lot. 

Oh, I know y'all probably thinking "What about her mom?" But her mom lives down south with her husband. So her mom bought a little two-bedroom apartment for her.

When we stopped at another light, I undid my seat belt and hugged her tight. I love her so much. We are sisters. I don't care what anyone tells me. We are sisters.

"Umm, the light is green" She said, laughing. I was so happy no one was behind us. I be scared when they start honking their horns, and yelling at me through their window.

When we got to her house, we went to the trunk and took out my suitcases. But we had to go for another trip because my shit is heavy. While we were packing, we were talking about Darnell and Trell. She told me that she felt so disrespected. But she has the baby's best at heart. I respect her for that. And Mya can hold a grudge like no one knows. Soo.. Darnell ain't getting her back for a while.

By the time we finished, it was about 8 o'clock at night. We had all my stuff in the drawers, and her stuff in suitcases and boxes. She's going to come back tomorrow after school for the rest, and she's taking my car.

I made the bed (Mya's old bed), with the fresh sheets in the hall closet. I took a little tour around the apartment, because I never really came in here. I just came here when I had to pick her up. When her mom was living here, in another house, I went over there.

I went into the kitchen, and this chick had no food. Well, she basically lived with Darnell, so it sort of makes sense. I was about to go get ready to go to Wegmans (an organic supermarket in New York and other states), but I remembered that Mya has my car...

I decided to go to Burger King, right down the street. I looked outside and it was dark, but it wasn't that dark. I went upstairs to go get my jacket from upstairs, when I heard panting. I turn around, and there's an English bulldog. He's so cute, and he's brown and white. I clapped my hands together to signal him to come here, he ran to me, all happy and stuff. I looked at his collar, and it said "BRONX"

So I'm just sitting here confused, like where the hell did this dog come from?

I called Mya and she said that he's Darnell's dog, but he didn't want him anymore, so he stays here. Okay? I remember seeing a bag of dog food in the front, but I thought nothing of it, because I didn't see a bowl.

When I got downstairs, I grabbed the bag and poured some in a bowl. When he finished eating I put the leash on him and we went to BK. I thought he was a friendly dog, but only in the house. He's actually really mean. While we were walking down the street, a person would pass us and he would try and run after them, growling. I had to rub his head to calm him down.

We got to BK, and I saw Terrance and Tessa sitting in one of the booths. I tied Bronx's leash to the random pole on the side. When I walked in, the door made this loud ass noise, making everyone look at me. I tried to be quiet and fast... Nope. Plan Failed.