t w o

Mercy

After Garrett found out about my past, he stormed out of his parents house and didn't return. Staci texted me notifying me that he was alright.

After that, I was able to fall asleep peacefully. When we got back to the hotel, I let King sleep with me. I like cuddling with him, because he holds me so tight and I like the way it feels when he's breathing on my neck. I really hope that I didn't lead him on, so I'm going to talk to him about that later.

I looked over at the clock and it read 7 AM. I groaned because I really wanted to sleep. But knowing my body, that's not going to happen.

Getting out of the hold King had on me, I picked up the phone and dialed room service. I found the menu and skimmed over it.

Finding what I wanted, I ordered myself a four stack of chocolate chip pancakes, sausage links, bacon, and cheese grits, with orange juice. And hash browns on the side. I knew what Mya would want, so I ordered her a two stack of blueberry pancakes with whipped cream, sausages and bacon, with orange juice. For King I ordered him chicken and waffles with cheese grits and orange juice.

I woke them up and went to the bathroom to get myself ready. I just brushed my teeth and did a quick wash up in the sink. I had already showered when I got home last night, so I didn't have to do it again.

When I went back to the room, the food was there and both of them were at the table eating like they've never eaten before. "Is it good?" I asked, jokingly. They just nodded because their mouths were filled with food.

I went over to the cart and grabbed my plates. Pouring syrup over everything, I wasted no time devouring everything. After eating all the food, we all started to get ready.

Mya was the only one who didn't shower last night, so she went into the shower after she ate. It was just me and King in the room at the moment.

I went over to my suitcase and started taking out one of my pre-packed outfits. It was a pair of American Apparel Billionare orange pants, black "Killin' It" short sleeved shirt, white Nike Huaraches, and a H&M camo coat jacket, topped off with a rose vintage watch. My hair was in a bun on top of my head with a twist going into it. I put a silver dreadlock cuff clip on it and laid my edges.

I sat down after getting dressed and grabbed my phone. There was a text message from an unknown number.

To: Me
From: 631-555-2233
-Be ready in fifteen minutes

To: 631-555-2233
From: Me
-Who is this?

To: Me
From: 631-555-2233
-Garrett.

I didn't respond, I just threw my phone down and thought about what he could possibly want. I know he probably wants to get to know me, but I'm still upset that he just left the house like that. It was so disrespectful. I'm going to tell his ass that too.

If someone just poured out their life to you like that, you don't just walk out because you don't want to hear it any longer.

"Mercy, can I talk to you for a minute?" King came over and sat down next to me on my bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" I turned my body towards him so we were face to face.

"Us"

"There is no us King. Listen I don't want to lead you on for you to think that you cuddling with me meant --" He cut me off by putting his hand up.

"I understand. I just thought I was getting closer to getting back with you. I really didn't mean to hurt you, honestly."

"Its cool, I'm used to it. But just because I'm used to it, don't mean it's okay"