s i x

Staci

I'm in my bedroom laying down with my baby girl. It's a girl's day today. Whenever the kids are out of school and my husband and I aren't working, we spend time with our kids. We never want our kids to feel as though their parents aren't around.

It's 9 AM, and the boys already left. I don't know where they went this early in the morning, but they'll tell us when they come back later.

I was sitting up with my right forearm resting on the bed. Sabrina was sleeping with her mouth wide open, and her hair wrapped up with a scarf and a bonnet. She sleeps wild, and I need to make sure her hair doesn't get messed up.

I've been watching her sleep since she was only twenty-something inches long, so I know what she does when she's about to wake up. She holds in a breath for about three seconds, opens her eyes then scrunches up her nose and curls up her lip. It looks as if she's giving someone a dirty look.

Her eyes fluttered open. She looked at me and took a double-take. "Mommy, why are you watching me. It's weird" She slipped out of bed and headed towards the bathroom in my bedroom. "Because you my baby" Before she reached the bathroom, I got out of bed and threw her in the air. When she came back down into my arms, I smothered her neck in kisses. She started giggling and tried to hide her neck. I put her back down and she put on a pout face and stomped to the bathroom. I smiled.

She shut the door behind her and I plopped down on the bed. Looking at my unread text messages, I've seen a few from Mercy.

From: Mercy

To: Me

-I'm here. I'm about to go to sleep. I'll text you in the morning.

- I have a surprise for you tomorrow.

- I'm awake. What am I supposed to do?

I laughed her messages.

From: Me

To: Mercy

-I'll be by in about half an hour to pick you guys up. Make sure you're ready. We're going to my parents house.

She texted back with an "Okay". Sabrina came back out the bathroom and stood in front of me. "What are we doing today, mommy?" I held my hand out and she grabbed it. Pulling her towards me and turning her around so her back was facing me, I wrapped my arms around her and put my chin on her shoulder.

"Today, we're going to go see your cousin" I looked over at her in the corner of my eye and saw her making her thinking face. "Which cousin?"

"Uncle Garrett's daughter" Yet again, she makes another facial expression. Her stink face.

"He doesn't have any kids" I smiled. Pushing her off of me I turned her around. "Go get dressed" She nodded and walked to her bedroom. "Make sure you shower!"

Getting undressed, I grabbed my towel and went into the bathroom. About ten minutes later, I dried my body and moisturized it with Vaseline lotion. Pulling on a black bra and panty set, I started getting ready. Going into my husband and I's closet, I grabbed a pair of jeans and threw them on the iron board in our room. Walking over to my dresser, I pulled a plain white shirt out and threw it on the iron board as well.

Ironing my clothes, I put them on and started doing my make-up. Doing my make up and a long weave as usual, I was basically ready. "Bri! You almost ready, babe?!" I yelled to her in her room. I went into my closet and found my black heels and black leather jacket. I pulled my heels on and cuffed them. Sabrina came running in and she was already dressed.

I always pick out her outfits for her the night before. Her and I already talked about her picking out her own outfits. She said that when she feels comfortable, she's alright with doing it herself. She was dressed in an outfit similar to mine. Instead of heels, she wore black Uggs with the bow in the back, and her pants weren't cuffed. They were stuffed in her pants. My baby.

Her hair was still in her bonnet, so I started on that. She likes her hair curly, so I pulled her long, thick hair into a big, curly ponytail on top of her head.

When I finished her hair, I grabbed my things and left to go.

*

We reached the hotel and my baby girl was in the back seat playing on her Nintendo. "You ready to meet your cousin? She nodded her head fast, having her hair fall all in her face. Both of us got out the car and walked into the hotel.

I walked up to receptionist, and asked for Mercy Grey. She called up to the room and asked if I could be let up. The woman gave me the room number, and I was on my way.

Knocking on the door, we had to wait for a moment for the person to come to the door.

"Who is it?" It sounded like Mercy.

"It's Staci"

"Oh!"

When she opened the door, she was only dressed in a pink sports bra, and a pair of black sweatpants. I looked her up and down and took a double-take at her belly.

"Y-you're... Um.." Stopping to find my words and clearing my throat.

"You're pregnant?"

************

What y'all think?

Update soon!

Vote and Comment!

************