b e s t / m i s t a k e

A/N: I promise y'all right now. Wattpad and I are going to fight. I wrote pre-chapters, so that every Monday, I can just publish them. But nope. Wattpad had other plans. This mufukka DELETED my part! It's okay though. I'm hurt, but it's cool.

It is important

that we forgive ourselves

for making mistakes.

We need to learn

from our errors

and move on.

Steve Maraboli

Ashlee

I'm in the dining room looking over Mercy's sonograms from when she got shot, while Dom is in the shower. Either I'm looking at these papers wrong, or I made a mistake.

When Mercy had came in the hospital, I was preoccupied with another patient, but I had to tend to Mercy. The patient I was previously working on, needed my attention, so I breezed through Mercy, fast. But I think I shouldn't of.

As I looked closer, I measured that the bullet had missed the baby by a few centimeters. Mercy did lose a lot of blood, but it wasn't nearly enough to do any damage to the baby.

Mercy's still pregnant.

I called the gynecologist that Mercy uses, and had him make an appointment with her today.

"Hey, what you doing?" Dom walked in the living room wearing black sweatpants and no shirt. Before he bent down to give me a kiss, I put the sonogram in his face.

"That was the best kiss ever" He said sarcastically. "Shut up punk, and just look at it" He looked at it weird.

"And you're showing me this, because...?"

"Mercy is still pregnant" I said. He rolled his eyes and threw the paper on the table. "She isn't my daughter, so why the hell should I care?" He walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

I closed it back and pushed him into the island. "You should care. That girl had no real father figure. Still doesn't. You were the closest thing she had to a father. You might not be her father, but at least be there for the girl. She's lost."

"She might be lost. But I'm not going to be there for a child, who is rude. She just left, without saying anything. Like she didn't care that I wasn't her father" He said hopping on the counter

"Alright, whatever. I can't make you see what I see. I'll see you some other time" I gave him deep, passionate kiss and pulled away slowly. His eyes were low, and lips still out for more. I started to pack up my stuff slowly, and waited for him to say something.

"Fine. I might not be her father, but I'll be her father figure." He huffed.

"I knew it would work" I smirked. He picked me up and led to me the bedroom. No we haven't had "all the way" sex, just oral. You know.

Mercy

I was laying in my bed, rubbing my stomach. Mya is staying with me for awhile, until I become "emotionally stable". I mean, I know I'm not ready for a child, but it felt good to think that I would soon have a little mini Mercy running around the house.

But that dream is gone. Due to Terrance. But it's okay.

"Mercy, someone is here to see you" Mya knocked on my door. I didn't respond, so she just let herself in. Dom and Ashlee walked in.