h o o k u p

Mercy

It's only October, and I'm already tired of school. I'm not even that pregnant and I'm eating like crazy.

It's Tuesday, and I have school. Honestly, I'm supposed to be at school at 7:35, but since I don't have any real classes in the beginning of school, I just sleep in.

I have study hall for the first two periods. The third period, I have health. Then fourth I have Spanish or study hall. My days are useless in that school. I have all my credits.

Currently, I'm laying in bed with Bronx and now someone is knocking at my front door. I looked outside my window to see Darnell's car. Mya is here.

I went downstairs with Bronx following right behind me. He needs to get off my bumper before I step on him. He is still a baby, but hopefully he gets bigger. I heard that kids love bulldogs because they're fun to play with. Especially with boys.

I opened the door in my purple sports bra and black boy shorts and my black knee socks. "Where are your clothes? My baby don't need to be seeing this." Mya said putting her hands over Trell's eyes. He grabbed her hands and pushed them down.

"See he wants to see this" I said posing. "Now give me my baby" I said grabbing the carrier out of Mya's hands. I went up to my room with the baby.

"Dang, just took my baby from me" Mya complained walking up the stairs. I took Trell out of his seat and sat him in my lap. "How old is he again?" I asked

"Um, four months. He should be starting to roll over now." She said thinking. I went into the bag next to the bed and got something that I had bought for him.

"Take him for a minute. I have a little gift for my God baby" I gave him back to Mya. "Mercy, why did you get him a gift? His dad already spoil him. And all he's going to do is grow out of it. You need to be buying stuff for your baby. Darnell and Maurice want to paint the baby's room, when you find out the gender" Mya informed me.

"Well I don't find that out for 3 more months. I don't really want to know though. But back to Trell. Look what I got!" He got excited and started jumping in her arms with his hands out.

I took out the shoes and socks and wiggled them in his face. "Aww you so sweet Auntie!" Mya said for Trell. "I know I'm the best" I said flipping my hair.

"But nah, I came over here to talk to you about what you're going to do when the baby comes. I know you have money. I know you have a job. But that's not all" Mya said getting serious.

"Mya, baby listen. I've got all of that handled. Dom helped me out with getting on with insurance and all of that. I've already applied for a job at the police station down where Dom works at. I've got everything handled. I have some of the baby's stuff on layaway and all of that. I've planned ahead. I'm always one step ahead." I said smiling. She should know me by now that I know what to do.

"Every since I found out that I was pregnant, I've been planning. I got my pen and paper, and started writing down a checklist. So far I've got a quarter of everything done." I explained further. Mya is like my sister. No. She IS my sister. We've known each other for a long time.

"Okay, what about college?" She hit a soft spot.

"That's the other thing I'm worried about. I mean I want to go to school for cosmetology. I want to do hair and makeup for models. But then again I want to sing" I said just thinking and seeing in my mind how awesome that would be.

"Baby, you still could do that. Go to that beauty school. Continental School of Beauty. And you could still write." She looked down at Trell and noticed he was fighting to keep his eyes open.