baby / trell

Mercy

Where the hell am I going to go? I opened my phone and went to my ESL app. Yeah I been saving up. How the hell you think I afforded my car, my clothes and other things? Terrance, damn sure wasn't paying for anything.

I went to my savings account and I had 1.5K in my account. I haven't been working as much. I've been working on my Senior Project. My topic is fashion. But I'm not thinking about that right now.

I was pulled out of my thoughts yet again, by Mystery Boy. I rolled the window down and just like last time, he had an annoyed look on his face. "Mya wants you to meet her at Darnell house". Before I had the chance to answer, he walked away. Dickhead.

I started up my car and followed behind Darnell's car. When we got to his house we saw a baby car seat sitting on the front step. People do that still?

Mya hopped out the car with me right behind her. In the seat lied a light skin baby with curly hair and a blue Winnie the Pooh blanket wrapped around him. On the handle of the seat, was a letter.

Dear Darnell,

I'm sorry. But I didn't mean to get pregnant. I was on the pill but I couldn't find my pills the night we had sex. It turns out that my dog ate them. Haha. Umm, I'm not ready for a baby. I left the state, so you not going to be able to find me, so don't even try. I didn't mean to be a homewrecker. Tell Mya I'm sorry. I didn't want to kill or give him up. So I left him with you. His name is Trell Bless Davis. Yeah I gave him your last name. I don't think Trell Bless Morado would sound very good. DOB is June 9th. So he's 3 months old. He has pampers, clothes, bottles, wipes in his bag. I'm sorry. Take care of my baby. Please.

~Del'Monte

I was reading the letter over Mya's shoulder, and she dropped the letter and turned around with tear streaming down her face. I hate when she cries. Because when you try and talk to her, she sounds like she has a mouth full of poop. So we wait until she's done.

Darnell was leaning on his car with Mystery Boy standing next to him. Mya stormed over to him with the letter in her hand. She balled the letter up and threw it at his face, hitting him right in his eye. I grabbed the baby and took the key from under the behind the mailbox and let myself in.

He didn't need to be around that. I took him into the kitchen and warmed him up a bottle. I knew he was hungry because he started to whine. His diaper wasn't full or anything. I looked behind his ears to see what color they were, and they were brown. He's going to be a little milk chocolate drop.

Mya

"WHO THE HELL IS DEL'MONTE?!" I screamed in Darnell's face. Lucas went inside when I started yelling. Darnell picked up the balled up letter I threw at his face and started reading it. When he finished reading he looked up at me with sympathy eyes. He can save that shit. I want some fucking answers, not looks.

"Baby I can explain" He said.

"Well explain. Because what I'm seeing is that you cheated on me. We've been together for 4 years! FOUR YEARS! Did that mean nothing to you?!" I yelled in his face trying to hold in my tears.

"I didn't mean to do it baby. You were out of town, I was lonely, and I went to a party. I got drunk and we ended up having sex in the back of my car. I didn't use a condom, but I didn't realize that until after, by then it was too late. She was already gone into the crowd in the house. Can you just forgive me?"

That's his excuse? I was out of town? He was drunk? Not good enough.

"I'm going to stick around for Trell. I'm not going to let you raise him wrong. And he's going to need a motherly figure in his life. I'm doing this for him not you. I will live with you because he's still a newborn." With that being said, I walked away from him into the house.