f o u r

Mercy

I led Staci and her daughter, Sabrina into the living room of the hotel room. Everybody else was in the back getting ready, so I wasn't really worried about them. Staci and her daughter sat on the long couch, and I sat on the individual chair across from them.

"Remember how I texted you last night, telling you that I had a surprise for you?" She nodded her head. "Well this is the surprise?"

"Oh, um. Okay. How did... How did this happen?" I forgot to mentally prepare myself to talk about this. "You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want." I nodded my head.

"I'd rather not. I would, but it's just that Sabrina is in the room, and I don't want her to hear this and scare her" Staci nodded her head.

"That's okay. But at some point you are going to have to explain" I nodded my head, already knowing that I would have to. I can't just tell my father, that POOF I just randomly got pregnant.

"Well, I'm going to go get dressed and we all will be here ready to go" I stood up and walked towards the bedrooms. Kingston was on the couch with his phone in his hand.

"Where's Mya?" He pointed towards the bathroom. I nodded my head. "Mya you almost ready?"

"Yeah!"

I began to dress myself in the outfit I planned earlier. While I was dressing myself, I realized that King was sneaking peeks. I looked in the full body length window, making sure that my belly wasn't noticeable. It wasn't that noticeable because the shirt I was wearing was somewhat baggy, but you can still see a little bump in the front. I ignored the fact that you could see it because I was going to have to explain it to them at some point today. And I need to get it off my chest. And what better way to do that than to explain to your blood.

"Mya can I borrow your Arabic language necklace?" She came in the room dressed in a PINK varsity crew, black leggings, and a pair of black Tims. Her hair was parted down the middle.

She walked over to her suitcase and pulled out the necklace. I snapped it around my neck, and began to gather everyone into the living room. I introduced everyone to Staci and Sabrina, then we were all on our way to I guess my grandmother's house.

Kenneth

Staci texted me this morning to clear my schedule today because she has a big surprise for everyone. We all were gathered into my parent's living room. That included Alphonso and his family, Garrett, my mom and dad, DeVon and Tyler. We were all waiting for Staci to come with her surprise.

"Do any of y'all know why my daughter has us all in here anxious?" We all shrugged our shoulders. DeVon let out a loud sigh from where he was sitting. "Do you know?" He shook his head. "I can't tell" Everyone was about to start yelling at DeVon until Staci walked in.

We all stopped what we were doing to look back at Staci. My mom said exactly what was on everyone's minds. "What the hell is the surprise little girl?" I wasn't thinking the "little girl" part, but hey.

"The surprise is mainly for Garrett though" She opened the front door, and started motioning the surprise she has to come in. A girl walked in along with about seven other people.

"Who are these people that you have coming into my house?" My mom asked.

"This is your grand-daughter, Mercy and her family" Everyone looked around at everyone else, wondering what the hell. What the hell is this shit?

Mercy

Everyone looked at me like I was from another planet. The smile I had disappeared and turned into a frightened expression. I looked around the room and noticed a familiar face. I continued to look at him, and noticed that he was the man from the picture with my mom.