Chapter 1

*Keenan's POV*
August 5, 2016

"Sorry sir if she doesn't wake up in the next 10 days we are gonna have to pull the plug on her." Anari's Doctor said to me over the phone. "We haven't seen any progress from the past two months, and we would love to keep treating her sir it's just that--" I cut the doctor off real quick.

"I understand. I'll be by their at my usual time to see her" I said hanging up.

I know good and damn well they ain't finna pull no plug on my baby. I'm paying way too much money for her treatment. I have complete confidence that Anari will wake up from the darkness that has overcame her.

After about five minutes of thinking, I decided to call Da'Vonte and let him know what all the doctor said. He has been more of a father than Anari's dad has ever been. Since he got out of jail, he barely goes to see Anari at the hospital and he barely makes the attempt to see his other daughter Alexis. Alexis casually stays at Darrell's house from time to time. When she isn't, she is at Da'Vonte's house. Nevertheless, I called him.

"Hello.." he answered sounding tired.

"Hey, them muh'fuckas said they gone pull the plug on Anari today if she don't show any progress"

"oh hell nah. She squeezed my hand earlier. She making some god damn progress." I smiled. FUCK THAT. I cheesed like the Kool Aid man to know that Anari is making progress in her healing.

"I'm Finna go see her" I said grabbing my keys immediately.

"Good. How are the girls?"

"You know my Ma keep them. I haven't seen them in a couple of days. I'll try to see them today"

"Oh yea. Ya mama with ha fine ass." he said. I shook my head. This man.

"Come on now. That's my ma and you engaged."

"Unfortunately" he mumbled but I heard him. He got his Blasian "one nighter" pregnant twice so he had two children by her so they getting married. She is actually not a bad woman. She is legit a great housewife and she does everything for him.

"Okay Pops"

"Alright kid" we hung up the phone

I walked out to my car locking the door behind me. I already had on grey Nike sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I matched that with white Nike socks and grey & white slides. When I got in the car, I called my Ma to talk to the girls.

"Hello , Keenan nice for you to call and check up on your daughters and your mother. It's been what... three days..." I shook my head.

"Ma. I been busy. I'm trying to get right. I haven't drunk or smoked a lick of nothing in three months. I honestly been trying to get a job"

"That's good son. I'm proud of you" I smiled. It always feels good to hear that from my mother "Well, lemme get the girls" she said.

"Alright ma" I responded and waited

"Daddy!" those voices just brought a smile to my face.

"Wassup girls? Y'all being good for grandma?" I said while driving.

"Always" that was Heaven

"Are we going with you today?" asked Nevaeh.

"Yeah, baby after I go see mommy. Deal?" they both said yes. "now let me talk to grandma real quick again"

"okayyy"

"Yes, Son?"

"Anari making progress"

"Really? That's fantastic!"

"I know. I just wanna see her" I said pulling into the hospital.

"Just call me when you see her. Bye , I love you son" my mom said while I walked in the hospital.

"I love you too mom" we hung up.

I walked in the hospital and went to the front desk. The lady that's up there everyday greeted me and let me go to Anari's room. This was an everyday thing now.

I put my hand on the door before I walked in, took a deep breath and walked in. When I walked in, Anari look like she was never in a coma. She looked brand new besides the arm and leg brace. Over five years her leg and arm healed. She just haven't used them.

"Hi! Who are you?" those words broke my heart. She doesn't remember.

"I'm Keenan. Your boyfriend " I said with a confused face.

"What?! Nooo. Shawn's my boyfriend." I sighed when I remembered she had a concussion and a great chance for memory loss.

"Ummmm.. Keenan can I talk to you outside please?" The nurse asked. I just shrugged and walked outside. "Ummm okay.. this is gonna be a hard 2 week to 2 years. Her memory will come back on its own. Try showing her pictures, taking her to memorable sights, do something. Don't be hard on her. This is gonna be hard. I personally know how it feels to not be remembered, so just be patient."

"I understand. When can she go home?"

"Now, if you wanna take her home"

"Yes, Please"

"I'll go get the doctor so he can tell you off any other changes and warnings and the discharge papers" the nurse said smiling. I nodded and walked back into the room. I'm so excited that she is awake despite the memory loss. This is respectively the third best day of my life, the first being the birth of my daughters and the second being meeting Anari for the first time.

•••••••••

Sorry for the wait !