Chapter 30.5 - (Not-So-Happy Ending)

{So, here's another chapter! So, again, this is not a happy ending everyone! I'm warning you! Still, ENJOY READING!}

CHAPTER 30.5

"After this, leave the boys alone. Promise me that you won't ever interfere with their lives again, Matthew." I said to him while looking at his eyes. He stopped moving and looked back at me.

"I promise. You have my word. Even if you won't remember anything, I will do as you say. I promise." He told me and I know he was sincerely saying that.

That actually gave me a relief, I was afraid that maybe he wasn't done with them, but at least know I know he'll be off their tails now. Maybe this is really for the better, I mean, because of me I will be ending the feud between him and the guys, no more harm can be done. At least I got to be the hero, somehow.

I kept on staring at the ceiling and I thought that Matthew already turned on the machines because I heard an engine...but it turns out to be that the sound was coming from outside.

"Are you expecting company?" I asked him calmly and he looked at me in shocked and disbelief. And that's when I felt my heart beat racing.

"No, are you?" he asked me and walked over to the window and I saw him took a deep breath. I sat up and removed the electrodes for a while. Matthew suddenly chuckled to himself, and I just stared at him curiously. "So the myth is really true huh?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked while I looked outside too and my eyes almost lit up when I saw people leaving this car. These aren't ordinary people...it's them. It's the boys, my brother, C and...Patrick.

"That good always wins? I thought that only applies in fairy tales." He said while walking away. I was left there, staring as they all walked towards the main door of this vicinity.

They knew? Maybe because of C and my brother! I don't care about how long it took them, but what matters is that...they knew and believed it now.

"MATTHEW!!! WE KNOW YOU HAVE CHASITY! THE FUCKING REAL ONE!" I heard Pete shouted and he banged on the door and that honestly made me laugh lowly. Some tears escaped my eyes too.

"What are you waiting for? They found out, they knew it was you. Go on." Matthew said, smiling to himself, but I know he wasn't ready for this. I understand him now, he's alone, and I don't want him to be like that. Maybe I can still fix this.

I froze in there, I'm honestly torn between my decision right now and it frustrates me. I should just have go now and approach them, but no, I was still here...thinking.

"Chasity? Go ahead. I promise...I won't stop you nor shoot you. I promise." He said with a sad smile and all I can do is stare at him.

This guy need someone beside him, if I go back to them...he'll be alone. I understand Matthew now, all of him. He felt so left alone that he thinks that no one understands him...but now I do too, because I was left alone by them too. Maybe they're here because they just want to gather some more proof.

I already accepted it, they should just move on...and I should just move on. I've had enough of this to be honest. I might love those people outside, but there will always come a time where you need to sacrifice that love for something. And that something now is to save Matthew from being alone. I'll stay...I'll still chose the decision I made...I will be with him.