Chapter 18

{Because of the cliffhanger, here's another chapter for you lovelies! Enjoy!}

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"Elaine just called me, she said the results are already out. We have to go home first thing in the morning." I announced the news to the others, luckily they are still in the living room of the cabin.

Chasity is still there too, but she's very quiet. We looked at each other for a while and she gave me a small reassuring smile which I appreciate, at least she's not angry with me. I was about to walk towards her, but then she stood up and continued to walk to her room.

"Hey, I'm sorry." I decided to follow her and call out before she can enter her room. Chasity stopped and faced me.

"I know, you're drunk, I'm drunk...things just got out of your grip, I understand, Patrick. Just don't get the wrong idea that I-I'm---

"I'll prove it. I may have done something stupid this night, but believing is not it. I'm not giving up just yet. It's not that I don't want to give you false hope, but I'm giving you your past back. I'm sorry I hurried things up too. I should have understood." I told her with determination and she just looked at me like she was defeated.

I know this is too awkward for her, I'm the one questioning her own identity, it sounds absurd, it sounds pathetic, but for me it's just reasonable.

Chasity suddenly walked in front of me and she held me cheek again, this time I put over my hand over her hand then she smiled at me, like she was accepting everything I have to say.

"We'll know tomorrow...and if you're really right, I would be more than glad to accept your help with bringing my past back." she said, but I know she had difficulties pushing herself to say that.

"You have my word," I said to her.

--------------------------------------------------

We headed home first thing in the morning and Brendon even came with us. The tension is high, we can even feel it when we're travelling towards my house. Everyone is quiet, probably thinking about what could be the result, we're all hoping for it to go our way, but, of course, we have to accept whatever's in those papers now.

Speaking of that, what if I was wrong...will I be ever to accept it? Maybe...maybe not, but I hope so, besides, it's not just me now, I just made Chasity believe that she might be the girl who's already dead and she likes me. I can't continue to act like this if I were wrong...this is why I wanted to be right, not just for me, for us...but for her too.

"Glad you're all safe and here now." Elaine greeted us with a smile. I hugged the girl and she patted my back. "It's going to fine. Are you ready?" she asked.

"I hope so," I said before we all entered my house.

We all settled down in the living room, still, everyone is quiet and I'm already holding the papers that say the result of that DNA test. I just remembered that Chasity didn't know that I took a sample of her hair to test too, I wish she won't be that mad with me if she found out.