Chapter 2

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I finally walked inside our recording studio again after six months. I'm definitely blocking out the memories my mind kept on remembering, I don't want to deal with that now.

The others are already inside just having a small talk. We haven't been seeing each other that much too after what happened, we were all broken with that moment and we can't bring ourselves to talk it over.

"Hey." Pete greeted me and the other two smiled at nodded.

"Its been a while, huh?" I said, sitting beside Pete on the couch.

"Indeed." Andy said and silence emerge.

"So, how you guys been?" We suddenly said at the same time that made us all laugh a little.

"Okay, I'll start. I'm fine I guess. Been doing nothing, but to play the guitar on some small gigs while we're on break...need to do something just to get it, you know, off my head." Joe answered while his eyes never landed on any of us.

"As you know, I'm the person who worked to get the issue down and fortunately, we succeeded. With the help of the industry and somr legal officials, I'm able to pull down anything regarding to it and as much as I know the issue's gone now...no ones talking about it anymore. The Overcast Kids are on this one too." Andy said.

I was really thankful for that fact, I don't want to go around hearing people talk about what had happened to her. I know that might happen...somehow...but having a precaution like this is better. Besides, we don't want to hear it always in the news or something.

"Well, I on the other hand took a break. Like a total break, I wouldn't know what could I have done if I continue to stress myself out. It was a tough feeling to deal with." Pete answered and after that they all looked at me.

"I'm...okay. I mean, since then Elaine had been there for me and she was one of the person who always assure that everything will be fine. There were times that I do believe her, but the guilt and regret always takes over. I mean...she's gone because of --

"Patrick, enough." Andy said calmly to me and I realized my voice is shaking.

"I think I'm getting better now...as long as the topic is not about her. Can we have a deal?" I suddenly asked them and they nodded at me. "From now on, let's set it aside. Maybe Elaine is right about half a year is enough to mourn. We're here to reestablish the band...here to move forward, and we can't do that if we continue bringing it up. So, can we have a deal that we won't be bringing this up?" I asked them desperately.

Maybe I just want to deny all of this. I just can't take this kind of talk anymore, my feeling are getting fucked up everytime I remember it.

My friends nodded in agreement and small smiles appeared on their faces.

"Well! Let's get started then!" Joe said excitedly and we all walked inside the live room.

We stopped when we saw that her drums are still there. I was the one who first moved and just looked at it like a normal thing.

Maybe...this will go better than I think it would be.

******************

*Chastity's P.O.V.*

"Chris! I'm going out." I shouted at my brother who's currently taking a bath.

"Where to?" He asked me.

"Going to find a job, of course. I've been sleeping for a year, my brother, won't waste my time now." I answered while shoving my bag on my back.

"Well, if that's what you want. Go on ahead. Take care, little sis." He said and I'm already off.

I still can't believe that I have a new face, new house and I think everything renewed about my life. It feels great, of course, but it feels weird at the same time too.

I get the thought out of my head and just focused on my goal today. I want to find a decent job and I think I already did. An old friend of mine told me that there's this job opening in one of the music industry and they needed some 'guidance councelor' in their institution. I think that institution is Island Records.

I'm a psychology graduate, but I guess I never had the chance to use it, but I feel like this is the right moment to.

Maybe that's a good place to start this new chapter of my life.