Chapter 26

{Because you guys are just awesome, here's another chapter! Enjoy!!!}

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I almost believed her when that 'I love you' part came, I almost did...I kind of felt that maybe what she's saying is the truth...but then again, the fact that she's being helped by Matthew messed it all up. Why on earth would Matthew help her on the first place?

I sit up and I just let the girl escape, maybe she'll not come back after this failed plan. I was left there just staring in the doorway she used she escaped. I do feel this urge to follow her...not to take her down, but to ask her more questions.

"Damn it, Patrick, don't let it get into your head!" I said to myself.

The main door finally opened and my friends all came in looking worriedly at me.

"We freaking heard everything, is it really her?" Allie asked worriedly.

"Of course not! Chasity's right next to you!" I said in determination while I make way towards her. She hugged me, but she still looked shocked.  "The girl just have the physical features of Chasity and the memories..." I said and I've never sounded like this stupid before. "But despite that, the fact that Matthew is helping her is a dead giveaway!" I said in defense from their 'oh come on' looks.

"But she has the advantage." Chasity mindlessly murmured.

"Oh no, princess, you're not letting that girl get into your head...please don't!" I pleaded her.

"Just a quick and insane question, if this is the real Chasity...who could that girl be? You said she has the same physical features and all the memories...I mean, how?" Joe asked.

I honestly have no answer to that, but I feel like Chasity is already thinking of one. I held her hand that got her attention and she finally looked at me.

"Please, don't overthink," I whispered.

"It's like...he made another Chasity, and this is the result, I mean that girl with the same old physical attributes, but that's just fucked up!" Pete explained.

"We, out of all people int this world, should know that Matthew will go to that extent just to get us, so it's possible, maybe he did this to confuse us. The real question is, what about the memories, how can that be fake Chasity have the advantage of memories and the real one was left with blank spaces?" Andy asked and he's more like talking to himself.

"To torture her, of course. To leave herself think that 'am I really Chasity?'. Yep, that's how's it done, that's how Matthew would want all of this to end." Allie said.

"See? Chasity, we believe that it's the real you, so please stop doubting yourself, because, in the first place, we'll always believe that it's you." I sincerely said to Chasity and at last, she smiled back at me and looked like she believed in me finally.

*********************************************

*Chasity's P.O.V.*

  "See? Chasity, we believe that it's the real you, so please stop doubting --  " Matthew showed me the conversation the boys had after I left the venue and every word they said hit me like a bullet.

Tears never left my eyes and I was weakly standing there. I did everything, but it's no use, and I even lost everything after what I did. It angers me! It frustrates me...and it's so unfair!