Chapter 3

*Chasity's P.O.V.*

"Hey, I'm glad you can make it." my friend greeted me the moment she met me in the lobby of the Island Records building.

"Yeah, thank you for everything. I know this is a lot to ask, but still you wanted to help me." I sincerely said to her.

She wasn't really my friend, she was just a friend of a friend of mine and she was really kind. She have heard my story and maybe wanted to give me a chance so she recommended me to work here. I already passed some of the requirements for the job and the only thing to do now is the interview which she assures that I will pass.

"Your records are wonderful. The bosses are excited to meet you, I can hear them saying that they are finding the perfect private counselor, but there's really one awkward and funny thing," she said while we are inside the elevator going towards the office where I am to be interviewed.

"Oh, and what's that? Is something wrong with me?" I asked nervously as I laugh.

"No, not dear. You're perfect...maybe its just a coincidence or something," she retorted.

"What is?"

"Your name." she said with a sad smile and I just stared at her in complete curiosity.

"What do you mean?" I asked again, but then the elevator door opened.

"Here's your floor, just walk straight. You interviewer is already there, good luck," she said and before I can even speak, I'm already outside of the elevator.

I just sighed out all of my curiosity, this is not the right time to think of all of that. I need to focus so I can get this job! I started walking, putting all the confidence in my face and in my gestures. I honestly like my new face now because it seems very innocent yet intimidating at the same time, not to my old one which is just looks like for a guy somehow.

I stopped in front of the door and knocked before going in.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Parker. I'm glad you can make it, please sit down," the interviewer said. He seemed to be in a high position because he's looking so decent and everything.

"Thank you, it's my pleasure to be here," I said confidently and I really like how I'm handling things like this now.

The interview started and it went just like a normal conversation between two friends and I can see that he was really impressed with all of my answers and everything. After almost an hour, we finished the formal interview, but we just kept on talking with each other.

"I know you will be an important part of this institution from now on. Imagine, you're like the line between our stars and the company," he said as if he was already asserting that I'm a part of the company.

"So does that mean...

"Yes, Ms. Parker. Welcome to Island Records," he stood up and I did too. We shook hands and he congratulated me and I'm just stunned there, I didn't really think that I will make this all work.

"Thank you, thank you so much. I'm going to do my best in here, you have my word." I said happily to him.

"I know you will, a girl with a name like yours did so much for this company too." he said and again he had a sad smile just like my friend earlier.

"Some Chasity Parker have worked in here too?" I asked innocently and he just nodded. I was about to ask more, but he closed the topic with a clap.

"So again, I'm looking forward working with you and I hope you--

"NO, PETE! QUIT IT! WE HAD A DEAL! WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO...TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" I suddenly heard shouting from the outside of the office and my interviewer just smiled while shaking his head no.

"Looks like you'll be starting your job today, Ms. Parker." he said to me and I was left there...still hearing arguing voices outside. "But please...be gentle when you say your name to them."

**************************************

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

We're still broken...still haven't moved on from the event...and being together now is not doing us any good.

Everything stresses us, even with a little problem...we looked at it as a big one and it always comes down to an argument and shouting. I know we are all trying, but our broken pieces are still scattered and we can't even create a decent song, we can't even perform one song without messing up. I want to stop whatever's happening to us, but whenever I try to, another thing will come up again.

"We fucking need to take some chill pill. What's happening to us?" Joe said. We're all in our studio in Island Records because our producers have heard us being like this.

"I think we should just break up if this is what's happe--

"Patrick, are you really thinking of that? Do you think that's the right decision?! What? You're going to isolate yourself again and deny all of this?" Andy said calmly, but his eyes are already blazing.

"Then what? We're going to push this and every time we meet up we this close to hitting each others faces with our fists." I reasoned to then. I looked at my friends and we're all having our angry faces, most especially Pete...and I know this wouldn't end without him saying something.

"Do you think this is what she would want to happen? Do you think she'll be happy if she knew what's happening to us? Do you think Chasity will agree to what you're saying, Patrick?!"

"NO, PETE! QUIT IT! WE HAD A DEAL! WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO...TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" I suddenly shouted at my  best friend and I'm sure as hell that my voice echoed on the whole floor.

"Well, looks like you need to remember! We said we're not going to talk about it...not forget about it! Quit it, Patrick! We're all broken and shit here, you're supposed to be our sun! The positive energy, you're that kind of person, but you yourself isn't helping you get up from that moment! You're still on stage one of this! YOU QUIT IT!" Pete said and I was taken back. 

Of course, this guy knows the words that can hit me in the most painful way possible. We were all left there...silent, until the silence was broken with the door creaking open. We all looked up and saw a girl I'm not familiar with. She innocently walked in and smiled at us.

"Mind if I join you guys?" she asked innocently and the girl got my attention. I was staring at me like I was remembering something about her that I have no memory of.

"W-who are you?" Andy asked her calmly.

"I'm...C, just call me C for the mean time." she said confidently.

I don't know what she wants from us, but I do know what I want from her...I need to know if I met her somewhere or what.

{Thanks for reading lovelies!!! :)}