Prologue

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

That was the most horrifying sound that my ears will ever hear...and I hate that fact that the most horrifying things are the ones that are most likely going to stay in memories for a lifetime.

My hands are covered in blood and my tears kept on falling like waterfalls. I know she's trying to say something, but blood was the only thing that comes out of her mouth. I don't know what to do, I'm so confused and frustrated right now. I almost wanted to be a wizard just to heal her right that moment, but I know that'll never come true.

"I still have 6 bullets, people. Try calling 911 and I'll shoot you right ahead!" Matthew said and somehow his voice cracked too.

"J-just save her...please! Please I'm begging you!" Chris begged for the life of her little sister, he even knelt in front of Matthew.

"I'll try...but leave right this moment! I'm a surgeon and I can take care of it...the longer you stay here, more blood will be lost and the chance of her surviving will be near to zero. So, LEAVE!" he said.

"You'll pay someday! This is too much! You're a MONSTER!" I shouted at him, still crying and holding on to Chasity's hands that' slowly slipping away.

"P-Patrick...p-please, l-let's go...for her." Chris said to me, I know that guy is desperate and I am too.

I slowly leaned towards Chasity and kissed her lips before standing up.

"I love you...don't you ever forget that. I'll find you and I'll save you again. I don't care how long I'm going to do this, but all I know is that I'll never get tired of this." I whispered at her.

"I'm telling you if you don't save her, WE WILL FIND YOU!" Pete threatened him. The others are crying too.

"Blah, blah, blah! Right, right! You want to chat over a cup of coffee or tea and just see her die? Did you not hear me?! LEAVE so I'll be able to save her!" Matthew said with a gritted teeth.

I wanted to fight him, I wanted to punch the guy so much and my mind is spinning...the next thing I knew is that my friends are dragging me away from the scene...leaving someone special to us, hoping that the guy who just shot her will save her...It wasn't a smart move, but it's all that we've got. And somehow, I've already accepted that I'll never be able to talk to Chasity again.

------------------------------------------

"M-Matthew gave himself away. I-it's on the news." Pete's voice said on the other line of the phone.

I moved like I was The Flash and I arrived at the station in no time. The others are already there and I don't want to accept what their expressions are trying to say to me. I looked around and saw Matthew, he was being held by the some police. My eyesight black out the moment I saw him and next thing I knew I was holding him by his shirt tightly.

"Where...is...she?!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he suddenly said hysterically, then after that he laughed like a mad man.

I stared at him in disbelief, some other police pulled me back from him as he kept on laughing and saying sorry.

"Looks like he lost his sanity over doing something like killing."

"No! H-he hasn't kill anyone! S-she's safe right?! SHE IS ALIVE, right?!" I asked them all in anger.

"I tried...I really tried to!" Matthew said and gave out another laugh. "But the bullet, the bullet was amazing! It hit some of her internal organs and caused internal bleeding, blood was everywhere then!" he laughed once more and stared at my eyes. "And then it went...beeeeeep. FLATLINE!" he shouted.