Chapter 12

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"5 tickets for the next flight to Chicago." I said to the attendant.

The moment Elaine and I hung up, I didn't expect that I will be running and moving this fast just to go to the airport. The others were confused and furious...well , you know why.

"I'm sorry sir, that flight is already fully booked. The next available flight is tomorr--

"No! I need to leave now." I insisted.

"Patrick, will you please calm do--

"No! I will not calm down, I need to go...now!" I said and I saw that the attendant was  startled and I honeslty felt guilty because of that, but my frustration is too much right now.

"Actually there's one more seat on tge VIP section of that plane, sir." She said.

"I'll take it! Consider it done."

"Wait, whoah there. You're going to leave us here?" C asked me ans I stared at her.

"You'll just follow tomorrow, there's no problem with that." I explained. I bought the ticket and before I can even react, I was being dragged away from the scene by Pete. "Hey, let go!"

"Look, Patrick! We don't want you to go alone there. Look at you now! You've already believed something that an insane person had been screaming! You're better than that." Pete said to me and he looked so pissed.

"What if he's telling the truth?!" I reasoned. To be honest here, I'm making no sense at all.

"Dude! We saw her body! We were there when her corpse was properly buried? How can...how can you give yourself a hope that she's still alive?!" Joe told me.

"Have you also gone insane?!" Andy shouted.

Maybe. Maybe I am insane now. They were right, but why do I feel like I need to do something about this. Like, I feel that Matthew is telling the truth even if it is impossible...even if I myself saw her dead body?

"No! There's still a possibility and I'm not fucking letting it go. This is the only chance that I can be with her again, that I'll be able to find her again!" I said and they all laughed at me with sarcasm.

"Yup, he lost it." Pete said and moved out of my way.

"Patrick...how? Just how? I want to understand you...but this is too much. I know this Matthew wants you all to be broken. What if he's not done with you? Patrick, how can you believe this pathetic thing. As the other said, you saw her corpse. Are you really going to let this fool you just to make yourself believe that you'll be with her again?!" C suddenly said and we all stared at her. Her tone was rising too and I understood that, but currently my drive is too powerful and she wasn't able to stop me...unfortunately.

"You shut up! You know nothing C. For all I know you should never be with us when we're talking about this! I'm going back to Chicago whether you like it or not. I've lost enough chance...I've lost enough opportunity to be with her that I'll take WHATEVER chance even how stupid or how pathetic it is I have now and that's that." I said after that I just walked awat from them.