t h a n k s g i v i n g / 2

Start from the beginning

I heard him spray some cologne, so I looked up at him to see him dressed and ready. He dressed himself in an all black outfit with a grey blazer accessorized with a black fedora and black patent combat boots. He looked nice. I slipped my heels back on, and walked over to him.

We shared a kiss and we walked downstairs. I was headed towards the front door, before he turned me towards the other way. I continued to walk and was greeted with a side door. I opened it, and it was his garage. He had two cars in it, both were nice.

There was a black 2009 Cadillac CTS-V and a grey 2016 Audi A7 Quattro. He snaked his hands around my waist, and rested them on my stomach. "Which one?" He whispered into my neck. I pointed at the Audi, it matched both of our outfits. I felt his smile against my neck.

We walked towards the car and he unlocked it, opening the door for me. I gladly got in and buckled up. He jogged over to the drivers seat and got in. He backed up and we were headed for the house.

A long ride of talking and laughing, we pulled up in front of the house. My smile immediately disappeared, thinking of who's in the house.

Kevin put his index finger on my chin, turning my head towards him. He leaned in and pecked my lips. "Don't frown baby girl. It'll be over before you know it" I shrugged.

"Now when we get in there, act right. I don't want no problems. Act like you got some sense" I nodded. "Aight, get out" I chuckled and got out of the car. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. Both of us walked up to the house, hand in hand. He knocked on the door three times. I heard footsteps coming towards the door, and we were greeted with the face that I really don't want to be seeing.

She stepped aside, opening the door wider for us to come in. As I walked in, I purposely bumped her shoulder, making her push me. "Bitch!" She yelled. Kevin grabbed my from lunging at her.

"What the fuck did I tell you in the car?" He sternly whispered into my ear. I looked at him in the eyes, and I knew he was serious. Mercy walked past us, walking to the back. Both of us followed her. We walked into this large dining room. It was beautiful. It was a very long glass rectangular table, with brown place mats in front of every chair. The chairs matched the place mats, I liked that. All the food was on the table, and everyone was sitting down. The kids had their own table to the side, and their plates were already made.

"Have a seat, babies" Mercy's grandmother said. I smiled at her and took a seat next to Casey, and Kevin sat down next to me. I noticed that my Grandma was sitting across from me and she was narrowing her eyes at Kevin. I shook my head.

Hopefully all goes well.

Garrett

The clinic called me this morning and told me that the results were in today. I went down at got them before coming to my parent's home for dinner. I knew that it was good news because the doctor that gave me the envelope gave me a very obvious hint.

I wanted to share the news with everyone before dinner started, so it was now or never.

I stood up from my chair and looked over at Mercy. She was sitting across from me and she sat next to my mom, with Ken on the other side of her. I smiled at her, and she returned the smile.

"Um, so this morning the results from the clinic came in today" I pulled out the envelope from my jacket," I didn't want to open it by myself, so I waited until now. You ready?" Mercy nodded. I was about to open the envelope, before it was rudely snatched out of my hand.

"Boy you taking too long" My mom snapped as she ripped open the envelope. She opened the paper and started scanning over the sheet. I saw her eyes getting glossy and she held her mouth, smiling.