Chapter 91

Caroline's POV

After the breakfast, I asked Nik to talk to him alone in his office where there is the privacy spell. Once we went to the office, Nik closed the door and looked at me with curiosity.

"May I know why you wanted to talk to me alone?" He asked and then added with a smirk. "It was just an excuse?"

"It wasn't an excuse. I kind of need to do something and before I do it, I need to talk to you about it because we are a couple and I know that it's something that you might not be thrilled with it but it's something that I have to do. I need to do this to finally start a new chapter where is just me, you and our babies."

"What is it? You're starting to get me worried." He said concerned.

"I need to go to Mystic Falls and say goodbye to everything there, I need to bring something that I left in my house and I need to do something that you might think it's stupid but it's what I have to do." I said looking at the ground and hopping he would understand, then I looked at him and asked "Are you okay with that? It would mean a lot to me if you were okay with me going to Mystic Falls..."

"Of course... But what is that thing that you have to do so badly and you don't want to tell me?"

"It's stupid" I said and he gave me a look and i added "Fine... I need to say goodbye to my mother so I can move on, I need to say goodbye to all the moments I passed in Mystic Falls so I can be in here with all my heart, I need to say goodbye to the town where I grew up. I can't just left and never look back... And if you will be there with me I know it will be easier because when I'm with you everything becomes more simple and you make me see that everything is going to be alright."

"I understand but are you sure is just that?" He asked with a suspicious look.

"It was just that. I miss my mom everyday and when I was in Mystic Falls I could go to the cemetery and talk to her whenever I needed but now she's in Mystic Falls and I'm back here and it's not that easy. I need to have some closure..." I told him and he nodded.

"When are you thinking in going?"

"This afternoon." I told him and he whined his eyes but then nodded. "I'm going to miss you."

"Hey, it's not like we are never going to see each other again."

"Do you promise you won't let anyone change your mind about..."

"I promise." I said already knowing what he was afraid of. "And I promise that I call you whenever I can and the fist thing I will do when I get to Mystic Falls is calling you."

"You better because if that won't happen, I will run after you and punish you for not doing what you had promise..." He said with a smirk and I smirk to him.

"Now... We have some time until I will go, so what do you think about getting the best of it?" I asked with a smirk, his smirk grew and he kissed me with passion, lust and hunger.