Chapter 80

Caroline's POV

After I had a few rounds with Nik in the library and talk to him about our past and how we felt lonely over the years, I went to the living room and talk to Rebekah, it was mostly hear about how she is back together with Marcel and she's super happy.

I was smiling and feeling really happy for her when I felt something inside me hurting and something told me to see if Nik was okay. I run over to the library and quickly Rebekah and Elijah followed me.

"Nik..." I said when I opened the door and his back were facing me.

"Get out." He growled to me.

"What? Why?" I asked confused and getting closer to him, then he vamp speed to me and pushed me to the wall.

"I can't control myself. I'm turning without wanting." He said and it hit me that the person that messed with my head is probably messing with Klaus's changing.

"It's okay. I'm not going to leave you."

"Leave. I'm going to hurt you... All of you." He growled looking down and everyone get out except me, I stay there.

"I'm not letting you stay here alone."

"I'm going to kill you." He said almost in desperation.

"No you're not. I know that you think you can't control yourself but you just need to focus." I said and got closer to him, then seat on the floor, where he was kneeling. I caressed his cheeks and then he looked at me with his hybrid face, which was hot but I snapped out of it because I was focusing on the situation.

"Just breath with me, inhale and exhale... That's right, continue..." I said but he was still with his hybrid form and I could see and feel how he was fighting against himself to not kill me, then I kiss him, at first he was shocked and then he kissed me back, when I broke the kiss, I looked at him and saw that he was now in the human form.

"I told you that you wouldn't kill me." I said smiling, he put his hands on his face and realized he was in a human form again.

"How?" He asked me surprised.

"Well, when I kiss you, you make me forget about my problems and issues, I forget everything bad and I just hoped that it would happened the same thing with you."

"Thank you for staying and not giving up on me when I was about to do it."

"I will always stand by your side. Always & Forever." I said, he smirked and kissed me passionately.

"I am so lucky to have you in my life." He said and I blushed a little then kissed him.

"Just promise me you won't ask me to leave you again..." I said when I broke the kiss.

"Love, I was trying to protect you... From myself. I couldn't handle losing you again, specially if I was the blame. I will always think about your safety first, I can't promise you that." He said "If it happens something and we can't or shouldn't be in the same room then I will ask you to leave because I will always chose the option that makes you be more safe. I love you."

"I love you too. But my place is by your side and not just in the good moments." I said and he kissed me.

"Don't worry, I will always find a way to get back to you. You're the love of my life and I intend to be with you forever." He said and kissed me again, then we went to the living room and he apologized for what happened and told us that he also heard in his head some witches chanting some Latin words.