Chapter 52

Caroline's POV

Nik had been gone for an hour that seemed a year, and I just walked back and forward because I was not just blaming myself for not telling him what happen to Elena but also and most of all, I was filled of fear that he would break up with me.

"Caroline..." That sexy British accent called me making me turn around to see him, in the moment I look at him, I saw that he was hurt and sad and the worst part of all is that it was me who made him feel like that.

"I want to apologize again for not telling you what happened to Elena. I know that..."

"Caroline" he cut me off. "I think we better talk." He said and I just nodded "I wanted to know if you didn't told me because it was what you promise to your friends or you didn't told me because you also believe I would kill Elena."

"What? How can you ask me something like that? I always knew you wouldn't do that. I was the one who defended you multiple times when my friends call you monster and when Elena got in coma, I told them that we should talk to you and your family because you maybe knew something that would made her wake up without Bonnie had to die but they said that you would drain her out for making hybrids, I told them that you weren't like that and then they made me swear to never tell you. I know that I should tell you but I just didn't tell you because I promised that I wouldn't say. But don't ever think that I would put the possibility that you would kill Elena." I said and he nodded.

"Caroline, you know that I love you but..."

"I love you too. There's no need to buts." I said because I was trying to avoid what he was going about to say, I could see he was going to dump me.

"Caroline, we can't be together like nothing had happen. I think I need a break from us. You continue to be the Queen of New Orleans but... I need some time to trust you again, like I used to." He said and a few tears start to running through my face.

"So, we are going to take a break?" I asked and he nodded fighting to don't let me show that was also about to cry. "Okay. I better go pack my stuff."

"You don't need to get out of here. This is still your home."

"Thanks. But I better go pack and find a room to myself." I said, Klaus nodded and I vamp speed to his room and took my things to one of their guest rooms.

I was now packing my stuff in my new room and Elijah appeared.

"Caroline... I'm sorry." Elijah said looking at me with an apologetic look.

"Did you hear?" I asked and he nodded with a weak smile. "What am I going to do now? I love your brother. I don't know how I am going to..."

"Caroline don't think like that. You guys agreed on a break for what I heard and that means there's still hope to get back together." Elijah said.

"Can we go to a place without..." I said and make a sign so Elijah could see that I wanted to go somewhere with sound proving.

"Sure." He said and I followed him to, what I suppose it was his room.

"This room is sound proving." Elijah said after closing the door behind him.

"Well, when a guy says he wants a break its just a nice way to say that he doesn't want to be with you and want to see the options that exists in the market and have the person whom he had a break as a back-up or for get laid when he wants. Trust me, I'm pro in those 'breaks'" I explained to Elijah.

"Caroline, I know that we aren't exactly best friends and we don't know each other that well, but along the time we had been stuck in the prison I felt that we became friends and maybe it's just how I see it."

"Eli' we are friends, you are one of the few friends I know I can count on." I said with a weak smile and he gave me a smile too.

"Well, as your friend I think it's my job to say this: Niklaus isn't nice. If my brother wouldn't want to be with you anymore he would break up with you or even take your memories of him. He really cares about you, everyone can see it."

"Maybe he just cares about me but doesn't love me. Or he stopped loving me." I said with tears in my face.

"Care, please don't cry. You going to see this is just another obstacle, you guys are going to get through this..."

"No, we're not. I hide that Elena was human, he probably thinks that I have the same image as my friends when I look at him but isn't true. I know that most people when look at your brother they see a monster that everything he touches gets destroyed but when I look at him I don't see Klaus but I see Nik. I know that seems weird but every time I look at him I saw a good men who just is a little broken, like me, and sometimes do somethings that are not the most correct but he does them to protect himself and his family not because he's evil like everyone thinks. He is just sometimes angry and he is lonely and feels sometimes unloved but he is also an artist and is an amazing person who can make me laugh and feel loved like nobody ever could. When I'm with him I'm happy, he gave my life an all other meaning the words happiness and love." I said while crying and Elijah hugged me trying to comfort me but he didn't succeed because the only person who can makes me feel better is Nik.

"I'm sorry for being all crying-baby." I said whipping my tears with my fingers and then I added "Thank you for listening to me but I think I need to stay in my new room alone for awhile."