Chapter 55

Klaus's POV

Once I got to Caroline's new room, I knocked on the door, she opened the door and when she realized it was me, she rolled her eyes and was about I close the door in my face but with my feet I didn't let her, she gasp and open slightly the door.

"What is it now?" She asked with a bored look.

"Well, there is not much since all of us being there eating and let you here just eating this unhealthy things."

"They don't do nothing to me because I'm a vampire so don't worry if my eating healthy or not." She said and tried again to close the door in my face, this time I stopped her with my hand.

"May I come in?"

"Why do you want to come in?" She asked me.

"Because I want to make you company love."

"And if I don't want your company?" She asked.

"Caroline, I'm not letting you stay here alone."

"I don't want anyone to pity me. Specially you."

"I don't pity you. Actually I don't do pity. I thought you knew that about me."

"And I thought that you knew I didn't see you as a monster. But apparently, I made the mistake of seeing the part of you that nobody seems to see. Now if you excuse me, I would like to be alone." She said with hurt and sadness in her eyes. And when told me all those things I couldn't help but feel hurt and sad more than I already was. She technically just said she wished not seeing the good in me, and if she didn't saw that, she wouldn't feel for me like she did.

"Caroline, I know you and I can see that you might think you want to be alone but the truth is that you don't want and I'm here for you. Even after I asked you for having a break, that doesn't mean that I stopped... Caring about you."

"Klaus, I understood when you told me that you needed a break from us. But you need to respect that I want to be alone."

"But..."

"I will be okay." She said with a weak smile, then added "You said that you needed a break from us and right now, I'm the one who needs to have that break, I need sometime without you. We will continue to talk and anything you need help with or anything that is needed in New Orleans, I'll be here but you can ask me nothing else. Please respect that."

"At least promise me you won't leave New Orleans or this mansion."

"I'm going to stay here but I won't promise that I won't be necessary in other place and need to get out for a few days."

"You know that you're the queen of New Orleans forever. Even now that..."

"I know." She said cutting me off. "Now if you excuse me I would like to be alone right now."

"Of course. But if you need anything."

"Thank you." She said with a weak smile then added "if you excuse me..." And with that she closed the door.

I went to my room and I could scent was Caroline's smell, I looked at the closet and there was only my clothes, then I open a drawer of my desk to get my sketchbook where I draw Caroline, then I went to bed and felt her scent in the pillow she used but then I realized she had one of her pjs behind her pillow, I pose it in my desk, then I seat in the bed I start to smell the t-shirt of her pjs. I felt all this sadness and lost all over again and even more intense than the first time, I didn't know it was possible I had this much of pain, in all my existence I never felt like that, I cried all night and felt asleep, holding Caroline's t-shirt and then felt asleep with the feeling of Caroline being there, even knowing that it was just imagination.