Chapter 84

AN: I know that I didn't update as much as you guys are used too, so I decided to make a chapter bigger then usual. Love you all and thanks everyone for the support, specially to ClaudiaSecchi7 ; Cheeraholic2015 ; xGeekOverHerex ; Melissamelgar99 ; jemkerby ; Lauren_ds ; Klaroline_4_life ; miss_croatia and for last but not least anatomyfandom (even if you are a few chapters behind you still support me by voting and giving me some commentaries). If I forgot to thank anyone, I'm sorry and thank you again for even reading the story...

Klaus's POV

When we got to the Mansion (since I found out that Caroline was pregnant I decided to live in the my family's mansion where just the people I truly trust can come in), Caroline stayed with my sister in the living room and I went with Elijah to the library.

"How was the consult?" My brother asked when I closed the door.

"It was good. Actually it was perfect." I said smirking, while re-playing in my mind the doctor saying I was going to have a boy and a girl with the love of my life. "You're going to have a nephew and a niece."

"Really? Congratulations! I'm so happy for you" he said excited and then we hugged.

"I still can't believe that I finally am happy. Truly happy..." I said more to myself and my brother rest his hand on my shoulder.

"You deserve this, Niklaus. This is going to be the new beginning of our family... The Original Family." He said with a smile and I smirk, just thinking about my siblings, my Caroline and my unborn twins together.

***

I went to find Caroline and saw her in the garden, looking at the trees and flowers. Her eyes were sparkling and she had a bright smile, it was like she was admiring it, which I thought it was weird because it was a simple garden.

"Hello love!" I said making her turn to see me, she smiled even more and kissed me with love.

"Hey!" She said with her arms around my neck and I was with my arms around her waist.

"May I know what you were doing?" I asked with my usual smirk.

"Nothing special. Just admiring how beautiful can be the simple things that nobody really cares about..." she said and I gave her a confused look. "Just simple things like, how beautiful the garden is and how beautiful is the sky and how amazing is the feeling of being in a quiet place like this."

"I never really thought about such things..." I admitted. "After I lived so many years, I stop paying attention to those kind of things that I thought it was beautiful when I was human."

"There must be something that you think it's beautiful..."

"More like someone... You." I said smirking and she kissed me.

"I have been thinking..." I said making her gave me a confused look. "Now that we know that our babies are healthy, what do you think about we throwing a party to the future heirs of New Orleans?"

"Are you sure about that? You have enemies and they can do something to our babies after they born... I don't want to put our babies's life in risk." She said already sounding like a protective mother, making me smile of happiness and proud of my Caroline, my Queen.

"What about I just invite the people we truly trust, and if you want you can invite your friends from Mystic Falls..." I said with my usual smirk, but the thought of her friends from Mystic Falls that plot against me since the beginning and tried to make me be away from Caroline... Specially the part that Stefan was one of the 'friends' that Caroline had in Mystic Falls.

"What's wrong?" She asked making me get back to reality.

"Nothing. Why should something be wrong? I'm the king of New Orleans, I have the girl of my dreams and I am about to be a father..." I said and tried to give her a smile that show her I was okay but she gave me a look making me see that she saw right through me.

"I do not like when you lie to me, Niklaus Mikaelson." She said now mad. Crap!

"I just was thinking about how some of your friends wouldn't be exactly happy with us being together and expecting a baby..." I told her.

"This is about Stefan?" She asked me in disbelief and then I remember that we were bonded, sometimes it wasn't good that she could scent what I was feeling...

"There are reasons that I have to be worried about Stefan?" I asked because my jealousy was stronger then the proud that I used to have of the image of Klaus Mikaelson, the monster who doesn't feel a thing.

"Of course not. I choose you. My babies are your babies. I am in New Orleans because you are the one I want. You are the man I love." She said with honesty, I try to see if she was lying to me but I could see in her eyes that it was what she truly felt.

"Why? How? How can you love me?" I asked because for how much she showed me her love towards me, I couldn't see why she had those feelings for me. I just tried not to show anyone and specially her how weak and fragile I could be.

"I did all those things because I love you more then life itself. I love you with all my heart and soul. I did everything in my power to be away from you because people warned me about how dangerous you were and how cruel you could be, but somehow, I never saw you as a monster or a man who just is happy with other's sadness like everyone says... When I looked at you, I saw that you were broken just like me or maybe a little more, but you also made me see that I am not just a simple girl who isn't capable of be loved... You have my life meaning, I would be lost without you. You are my anchor, my hero... You are not that awful person you make other believe and you're not the monster you think you are. I'm completely in love with you. Everything you do, everything you say, everything you are made me fall for you. You're my first thought in the morning, you're the last thought before I fall asleep and you're almost every thought in between. There's no right explanation why I love you, but I do... I love you so much..." she said with a small but honest smile in her face and I kissed her with passion.

"Promise me that you will never stop." I said when I broke the kiss, showing her again how fragile I could be. Almost no one knows it, but I live with fear of my family and Caroline stop love me and care about me.

"I promise. I will love you, Always&Forever."

"And I will love you, Always&Forever." I said with a smirk and she smiled, then kissed me with love and passion.