Evil Tricks

Your P.O.V

It's seven-thirty PM and Izaya is putting on his jacket, and then here I am sitting on his couch, my shoe laces untied. He walks over, bends down and takes the strings from the right one and begins to tie them.

"I picture you in a maid dress each time you do something for me. It's funny." I say.

He laughs a bit and moves to the next shoe, "Which is why you've kept pretending to be hurt so badly after three weeks?" He says, looking up at men

I smirk and slowly get up. "You've caught me red-handed I'm afraid."

I go to grab my black jacket that has these warm little fuzzies on the inside. I zip it up and start to twist the pull strings around my fingers. Izaya pulls on his own black jacket with tan fuzzies lining the hood, cuffs, and bottom. I just then realize he wears two identical silver rings on his fingers.

"Why do you have rings on?"

He pauses, "Is this part of our deal where I answer all of your questions?"

I nod, "sure."

"Well believe it or not. It's just a style preference," he holds one ring up to look at.

"That's a little anti-climatic..." I retort.

He gives me his classic smirk, "You must think everything about me has some reason behind it, no?"

"Well according to everyone else..."

"Stop letting everyone else away your opinion before you get to know the facts (Fn)-Chan."

"I've been the only one crazy enough to live with you while working for you, so I don't think anyone's swaying has worked..."

We leave and make our way to wherever Izaya is meeting with Ren.

"Now, you see, Ren doesn't really know I'm meeting her. I just know she's going to be here tonight~" he smirks.

"So it's like a surprise then."

"Just her style."

After a while we are near the park when Izaya's phone goes off. "Oh I'll be back. Need to take this call" He tells me and pulls his black phone out of his pocket.

"Okay... I'll be here waiting."

He walks away and disappears into the small stream of people. I'm just standing here in the chilly night air, waiting.

Alone.

I notice a blob of blonde hair and realize it's Ren. She's walking towards me, but doesn't seem to realize I'm actually here. I then see she's on the phone with someone, an irritated look plastered on her face.

I begin to turn around but then I hear a "Wait, let me call you back!"

I wait, hoping she hasn't spotted me, my heart rate increasing. This isn't part of the plan! Izaya better hurry back!

"Do my eyes deceive me? Is that (Fn) (Ln?)"

Okay. Play it normal... I tell myself.

I turn, trying my best to look surprised, "Ren?"

"Oh my gosh! It's been forever since I last saw you!" She runs up and hugs me.

I slowly hug her back, hoping she can't feel my heart rate skyrocket. "Yeah it's a wild few years for me."

She backs away and smiles sympathetically, somewhere in her blue eyes hides a monstrous hate, "Yeah I heard you got into an accident and had some memory loss... but at least you get to start anew here in Ikebukoro!"