News, News, News

Shizuo's P.O.V

Today was just one of those days where I get to stay home and do absolutely nothing. Just lay in bed and listen to the sound of the clock. But I decided to get up and go to the living room and turn on the TV while I make myself a sandwich.

"Gangs getting more violent will be our next topic."

I turn and see the news reporter giving what's up next and the mention of more gang violence catches my attention. I know (Fn) got in a jam about a month ago and me and the Flea were able to save her but... What if something happens and neither of us is there to help?

I know she's being hunted by some psycho bitch. She had ran into me a while back after the accident and explained everything to me. Turns out, I had ran into this Ren girl earlier that same night.

I could've prevented (Fn) getting shot that night if only I knew before hand...

I press the volume button to turn it up while I lean against the counter and munch on the sandwich I made.

"More and more gangs appearing and attacking the innocent. Though reports say the colorless gang known as the Dollars have been able to make a special appearance and take care of a few situations."

"Yes, and nobody knows what exactly is driving the new gangs into these actions. If you notice anything shady or witness any of these attacks, please call this number and report it."

That's it.

That's all they have to say?!

I click the TV off and throw the plate away after I finish eating. I go and grab my vest and tie and get dressed. I then take my leave outside. The wind, despite it getting a tad bit warmer in this cold season, chills my face.

After walking around Ikebukoro I come across just what I was looking for. A group of guys have a woman pinned to the wall. She has an odd resemblance to (Fn)... but luckily it isn't her.

"Hey you..." I yell as I get closer.

They turn their heads and smirk. "Damn. It's Shizuo Heiwajima!" one of them says.

"H-help me!" The woman shrieks.

I grab one by the shirt and lift him off of the ground, "Do me a favor and clue me in on what's going on? Who the hell is in charge of you guys goin' around hurting people?"

"Over my dead body!" He says.

"Okay, fine then!" I throw him and he goes flying off to wherever. The others come charging at me and I swerve around a few of them, while taking a few hits.

I grunt and punch one in the face, and they go whirling backwards.

"Oh hell no!" one of the other morons yells and begins running.

A few follow him and so I rip a sign out of the ground and chase after them. They blend into he crowd but I mange to keep my eye on them.

"Get back HERE YOU BASTARDS!!!!!"

I dig my foot into the ground and chuck the street sign through the air and in their direction. Luckily, I find my target.

I take deep breaths in and out, my breath coming out in puffs against the cold.

"E-excuse me sir?"

I snap out of my trance and I turn to see the woman.

"I just wanted to say thank you for saving me..."

I nod, "Yeah no problem. By chance do you know why they were attacking you?"

"Not exactly, but I heard them say something about 'this looks like the girl the boss was talking about' and that 'if we bring her, then the boss will be beyond happy' and that's all I know..."

"Hm. Well best be going. I don't think they'll be back for you anytime soon."

The girl nods and turns to leave the other way.

I bet there's something to that. I even noticed that woman looked like (Fn). I'm willing to bet that those morons were talking about Ren, and that they are trying to get (Fn).

I pull out my phone and give her a call. She might want to be aware of the situation.

Your P.O.V

I woke up early this morning and put some things together for a small breakfast. Izaya was still passed out at his desk.

"Good morning (Fn)-Chan..." Izaya walks into the kitchen while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "something smells good."

"Well good morning sleepy head~" I coo, "did you sleep well on the hard, cold desk?"

He stretches, "Actually I did. I don't feel like I've had any sleep in a while."

You put some of the eggs and bacon on his plate and set it on the table as he gets himself a glass or orange juice. I turn to look at him "just wanted to say I'm sorry for getting into that file yesterday..."

The glass gets right to his lips, but he lowers it and looks at me. "Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have been as harsh with you about it. In that I apologize as well."

I smile, "Apology accepted!"

We both sit down and begin to eat our breakfast. "Wow (Fn)-Chan... I think I'll have to give you a promotion to be my own personal cook! This is delicious!"

"This is about as good as it gets. Other than this, I can cook a mean bowl of noodles..."

Izaya laughs and then throws his napkin at me, "We can work on that then."

After we eat, he goes and gets in the shower. He takes forever as usual. As I sit in the couch, listening to the news, I hear my phone vibrate. I look down and see it's Shizuo.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey (Fn). I just ran into a group of morons and they had this woman cornered. She almost looked just like you. I found out some useful information too. She said they said something about the guys wanting to make their boss happy by bringing in the girl they're looking for."

"You don't say...?"

"Yeah and if I put two and two together... I've got a feeling that their boss is Ren, and they're looking for you."

"Most likely... so that tells me they are probably hunting down who they believe to be me, and in turn hurting innocent people."

There's a long pause.

"Well I think I also heard on the news this morning that the Dollars are showing up and butting in. Maybe this is how they're butting in in some areas?" Shizuo finally says.

I let out a sigh, "Yeah I believe that might be... but thanks for letting me know. Be careful out there Shizuo."

"And you the same."

I hang up and just stare at the TV screen.

Innocent people are getting hurt. I know it isn't directly my fault, but I can't help but feel like it is. I didn't say anything to Shizuo about Mikado, because I think he's getting his people rallied. I'm not for sure what all Shizuo knows, and I don't want to upset Izaya. I know he had a whole plan in mind.

I hear the shower turn off and after a few moments, I see him emerge from the bathroom with a towel hanging a bit low around his hips. We make eye contact but I quickly turn away, my face redder than a tomato.

I think back to his words written on the file paper and I shove a pillow in my face as my body heats up.

Stop picturing him naked (Fn)! We have other things to worry about!