Waiting

Your P.O.V

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Everything is quiet except the beeping of the heart monitor. The room, even being lit by the light from outside, is dark. I sit with my hands placed on the arms of the chair with my gaze not leaving Izaya's pale face.

It's been three days.

He hasn't waken up yet.

His jacket is hung up in a closet on one side of the room. His clothes, stained with blood, were taken to be examined for Ren's court trial in a few weeks. She's locked up right now.

Kanra, I haven't seen for the three days I've been here. She's been staying with Celty and Shinra while Shizuo is out.

The clock ticks. The monitor beeps.

I push myself out of the chair and slowly walk to the door and grab the handle. It turns and I force myself to leave. I don't remember it but I find myself at the doorstep of Celty and Shinra's apartment.

I knock.

The door opens and Celty let's me in. I see Kanra watching her favorite TV show and she turns and jumps up as soon as she sees me.

"Mommy!!"

I drop to my knees and she runs up to me, giving me a huge and warm hug. I hug her back and don't let go.

"Mommy. I want to go see daddy!" She squeaks.

"I know..."

Celty taps my shoulder, [Take her to go see him. It won't hurt anything.]

I nod and look back at Kanra, "How about tomorrow okay?"

"Okay!" She smiles.

After a few minutes of cleaning up the bit of mess Kanra made with some of her toys and thanking Celty and Shinra for watching her, I hold Kanra's tiny hand and we walk home.

With the help of a few people I was able to get everything back to the way it was.

An eerie presence still lurks though.

I cook up something with the help of Kanra and we eat together. Well I had to help her eat but same thing.

After that I gave Kanra a bubble bath and she played with her yellow rubber ducky. (Quack, quack X3)

She laughed and smiled as if nothing happened. But I know that even despite her being so little, that she's doing it to keep me in high spirits. Because I know she dearly misses her father. And Celty is right. Seeing him, even in his condition, will be best.

I feel horrible for not being there for Kanra these last couple of days... But I just needed some time alone. But then that's also no excuse.

She's my daughter.

Time skip~

"Daddy! Daddy!"

Kanra says excitedly as we get to his door. I open it and she walks in with me.

The heart monitor still beeps.

An IV drip still attached to him.

Bandages still cover his wounds.

She stands beside the bed and hops, trying to see him. I laugh a bit and lift her up and set her beside him.

Her eyes widen and her mouth opens. She reaches out and touches his cheek.

"Daddy...?"

I sit on the side of the bed. I stroke her raven colored hair.

"Daddy isn't feeling well Kanra"

She looks at me and I see her eyes shine with some oncoming tears.

She snuggles next to him and closes her eyes.

"I'm not leaving you daddy. I'll make you aaaall better!"

I smile and watch the two side by side.

Another time skip into tomorrow~

"K-kanra! What are you doing with that!"

She dances around wearing Izaya's jacket. The sleeves way to long and the rest of the coat dragging on the floor.

"Hehehehehe!"

I can't help but laugh at her dancing around on the floor.

"Mommy, I love daddy's hoomans!"

"Oh really? Well yeah but no"

I flip the hood over her head. It covers her entire face.

"Hey!" She squeaks.

I pick her up and fix the hood so it sits right.

"We don't need two of your daddy running around here ya got that?" I say playfully.

"But my daddy is the bestest daddy ever! Who does not want more of my daddy?!"

"I can think of some people..." I mumble.

She starts to squirm a bit so I set her back down on the floor. She tries to climb up Izaya's bed so I smirk a bit and set her on the bed.

She takes off the coat and lays it over Izaya like a blanket.

"See daddy? I'll take care of you!"

I smile and then my stomach starts to growl.

"Hey Kanra, you hungry?" I ask and stand up.

She nods.

"Alright, let's go!"

"Ooooo! Can I wear daddy's jacket?! Pweeeeease?!"

I look at his jacket and then back at Kanra, "Sure"

She puts it back on and jumps into my arms.

We go to find something to munch on. It was a long debate on whether we wanted hospital cafeteria food or to go find someplace else, or to just go home and make something.

But either way we will still be waiting.

Still waiting for you to come back to us...

And I will wait until the end of time for you, Izaya Orihara.

************************************
Heeeey so yeah the end isn't even close! ^-^ (35 total parts so far OMG)

Last chapter was sad and so this chapter is a more happy one! Kanra is just adorable ~

I also appreciate every comment, vote, and the number of views I have on this fanfiction! You guys are absolutely the best :3

And if you're interested... I have a Tumblr and you can stalk me there too if ya want ._. And an Instagram. Just look up Aserathians.

Have a lovely day my kitties~

Even God has an Angel (Izaya X Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara