A Dream

Your P.O.V

"Izaya..." my voice shakes.

"Hm?" I hear him beside me.

My head snaps over to where I hear his voice, "You're okay!" I grin and jump up to wrap my arms around him in a hug.

I quickly let go, my face heating up from embarrassment, "s-sorry."

He chuckles, "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

I blink up at him, "I was just worried. I know how Ren is."

I don't want to loose anyone else.

Izaya shakes his head, "(Fn)-Chan you should know I'm a little smarter than that!" He pokes my cheek, "needless to say, she won't be bothering you for a long time" his smirk turns devilish.

It chills my skin in a way.

My eyes widen, "Do you mean she... is-"

"Don't worry about it. She's out of your hair and that's all you need to know. I'll worry about the fine details" he cuts me off abruptly.

I nod. Then I plop back down, my head making a thud on the pillow. "Okay..." I sigh.

I'm running.

My shoes hitting the pavement with urgency as my lungs squeeze out every bit of carbon dioxide and suck in every bit of oxygen.

No.

No!

I come to a stop, my hair sticking to the sweat on my face.

Blood.

Blood is everywhere.

My focus is on the man in front of me.

Limp.

No!

I want to scream but I can't. I want to help him but I can't. I feel the heaviness in my wrists and my ankles as chains drag me down, down, down to the ground, kneeling.

Faded crimson eyes stare back at me. Blood leaking from a gaping wound in his side. His hand outstretched towards me and his mouth moving slowly.

I realize he's saying my name.

"There's nobody to save you now (Fn)..."

Fire surrounds me and suddenly I'm chocking. The flames swallow Izaya whole and I'm screaming until blood leaks from my lips.

I'm suddenly faced with a mirror and I see myself, Izaya, and a little girl.

But Ren is behind me. Her hands reach out and grab onto my neck.

My eyes snap open and I'm panting. I bolt upright and run my hands through my hair.

No. It was just a dream.

•••

I am able to get up and put myself together. I feel myself being cautious and jumpy as I feel off balance from my dream.

Izaya said that Ren would be out of my hair, but I still can't shake the feeling that she will be around again.

Izaya pops his head from the kitchen as I sit on the couch reading a book I plucked from his shelf. "(Fn)-Chan~"

I turn and he has his goofy grin on his face as he saunters over to me. He plops down next to me, draping his arm behind me to rest on the back of the couch and pokes my cheek. "How about we take a vacation from dreadful Ikebukoro?!"

I cock an eyebrow, "a vacation...?"

"Yes! Let's get away for, hm... a week or so... and just take your focus away from Ren. I can tell you're a little off and could use a break."

I blink, "with... you?"

He shrugs, "unless you'd rather go with Shizu-Chan or Shinra or Celty or Mikado or Simon or-"

"I'd love to get out Izaya, but even with working for you, I don't exactly have the funds to stay out for a week or more."

He pays my head, "now, now! I wouldn't have asked if I expected you to pay yourself!"

"But that isn't right! You've honestly done way more than you should for me."

He gets up and walks over to his city view windows and puts his hands on his hips, "well then think about it at least. I need a break from all of the nonsense too, so if I bring my assistant along with me, it shouldn't be more than a relaxing daily job for you."

I roll my eyes, "I'll think about it, but won't make any promises."

Izaya keeps his gaze through the window and his smile drops to his usual resting face. My eyes scan over his body and I can't help but see the images of him dying in front of me again. I sigh and get up, walking over to the door and throwing on my shoes and a light jacket.

"I'll be back. I need to get some fresh air," I mumble.

His eyes dart over to me, "don't do anything reckless."

"Me? Reckless? I'd never!" I smirk and open the door, making my way out.

I have one person I have in mind that I want to see.