An Alternative

Your P.O.V

I look at Kanra and then at the message. I can't just leave her here and I can't take her with me, it's too dangerous. I also don't have time to take her somewhere safe... If I leave her here... That has many risks of her getting hurt, some yahoo breaking in and taking her, and more things I don't want to even imagine. If I take her with me... At least I'll be there and I can keep her safe. But what if something happens and we both get hurt...? Damn it!

I throw on my jacket and take one of Izaya's many other knifes and shove it in my pocket. I pick up Kanra and look into her eyes with concern. I can't believe I'm going to do this...

"We're going to go see daddy, okay? You must be a good girl and stay with mommy, okay?" I say with authority.

"Okay mommy!" Kanra smiles.

I grab my phone and put it in my back pants pocket and leave the house after securing it. I make my way to Izaya and the rest of the chaos with Kanra in my arms.

Izaya's P.O.V

Where is Celty? She should've been here by now and it's not like her to be this late...

I swerve around some girl coming after me and I take a sharp right to get away from the raging crowd.  A gun shot goes off near me and my eyes widen at the sudden wave of people going at each other as it gets worse. I pull out my switchblade and some guy grabs the back of my neck. I kick his shin then turn and slice his chest. He grunts in pain and I run off.

I take my phone out and dial up Celty. It rings and rings but leads to a dead line. A small group comes up to me, with broken bottles, iron bars, knifes, and whatnot in their hands.

"Isn't this that Orihara guy?" A girl with a yellow bandana says.

"Think so" replies one of the tall and well build men, also with a yellow bandana.

"This ought to be some fun then!" the girl smirks.

A smaller boy runs at me with a broken glass bottle, yelling. I sigh and jump back, twisting around him and tripping him. I run towards the other people and the tall and well built man with an iron bar smiles and swings at me. I duck but I meet the girl and she kicks me in the stomach, catching me off guard. Then strong arms wrap around my neck, chocking me and the man with the iron bar taps my hand, making me drop my knife.

"Time to say nighty-night" he says with enthusiasm and a bit of laughter.

I try to yank his arm away so I can breathe but it's no use.

"Daddy!" I hear a young girl scream.

I glance over and see (Fn) and Kanra. (Fn) looks terrified and I know what she's thinking.

I slightly shake my head.

"IZAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAA"

Suddenly a huge object that I can't make out, flies towards me and rips the man off of me. I gasp for air and then quickly get my knife back.

Shizu-chan walks up, looking angry as ever. What possessed him to save me? That monster... (He's your knight in shining armor Izaya!)

He glances at me and then at the girl behind me. She shakes a bit but still comes after me. I get ready to slice her when (Fn) comes up and kicks her in the gut and then grabs her by the collar of her shirt and throws her on the ground. She pressed down on her chest with her foot and glares at her with disgust.

"Listen here ya little bitch-"

"No time for that, let's go" I grab her wrist and pull her away.

Shizu-chan has Kanra now and he follows behind us.

"Damnit Flea... Almost got yourself killed you moron!" He half mumbles and half yells.

"Language, Shizuo!" (Fn) says.

"Since when did you start caring if I live or die? Hm Shizu-chan?"

"I could care less but I know (Fn) would be torn" he states.

"I called him on my way here Izaya. I had a bad feeling..." (Fn) chimes in.

I smirk. Of course she would. I keep pulling (Fn) behind me and we get to an alley and we hide out there. The fighting still going on. (Because that seems safe, right?)

"Well why did you need me down here?" (Fn) asks.

I look at her, "Celty isn't here... So I'm taking another plan into consideration"

She looks at me with wonder and then her eyes widen with realization.

"Izaya no" she says.

"The hell you have planned?" Shizu-chan asks with a giggling Kanra pulling at his glasses.

I glance at him and smirk. I pull out my phone and start to dial a number. One I haven't dialed in quite a long time. (Fn)'s eyes narrow and I know she's mad, no pissed at my decision. I even told her we wouldn't take this route.

But I have no choice.

The ringing stops and my smirk grows and my eyes widen with satisfaction.

"Well hello, Namie..."