Listening to Insanity

Izaya's P.O.V

"Exciting, exciting, exciting! I can't wait!" I exclaim, spinning around in my chair.

I stop and leap out of my chair and over to my game board. Picking up the black queen and staring at it for a few.

"Things are finally setting into place, my angel~" I say to the piece.

I set it down next to the black king piece, isolated from all the others. I place a pawn and a knight a few spaces in front of the king and queen.

I walk back over to my computer and sit back down. I open the Dollars chat and find Ren is online. I've been tracking more of her whereabouts and seen she's also part of the Dollars.

How unfaithful to her own crew.

Kanra: Heeeeeeeeeey (\^∆^/)

Yuko: Hey Kanra...

Kanra: Awww what's wrong?! You sound upset~~~~~

Yuko: My plans are not working! She just can't stay dead!

Kanra: I'm sorry ;-; I wish I could help you but I don't know you irl...

Yuko: We can meet up! We can make plans to get her!

Kanra: Okay~

Yuko: I'm really glad I finally found someone who sees my view of things!

Yuko: Where do you want to meet?

Kanra: At the end of the rainbow ~ ^-^

I log off and go into my room. (Fn) is awake and sitting up. She looks like she's in a daze.

"(Fn)-chan?" I ask.

She jumps a bit and looks right at me.

"I-Izaya...?" She asks, sounding like she's about to break down.

I go over to her and sit beside her, she immediately wraps her arms around me and buries her face in my chest.

"Something must really be wrong," I say.

"Help me up..." She mutters.

I help her stand and she leans on me a bit.

"I just need to go to the bathroom..." She says, looking at me.

"Oh... Well... Okay then"

This should be a blast...

I help her get to the bathroom and wait outside the door for her. She gets done and I help her back into my room.

"All of that just for a bathroom break?" I poke her shoulder.

"Just wait till I take a shower tonight..." She smirks.

"Oh that will be interesting..." I sigh.

"You wanted to take care of me so... Here's the joy of it since I can't do it myself apparently" She says, grabbing her side.

"Yeah, and I will stay true to my word~" I smirk.

"Good because I'm hungry..."

"I knew you'd be wanting to eat or something once you got to feeling better. I know just the thing to cheer you up~" I chirp and drag her to the kitchen.

"You know how to cook?" I hear her ask.

"Well of course! I'm quite good at it too~"

"Are you gonna poison me?"

I turn to look at her as she sits at the table, a blanket wraped around her. My (Fn)-chan really is relying on me!

I smile, "Now why would I wanna hurt my poor, sick, (Fn)-chan~?" I reply in a stupid voice.

She just shakes her head. I begin to prepare her some homemade ramen and now I wait for it to finish cooking.

Your P.O.V

Something just doesn't feel right... I know someone is watching me...What if Izaya is playing me and is helping Ren...?

I need to talk to Ren and figure out why she wants me dead so badly... Maybe we can sort things out? Move on and get over it perhaps?

Izaya sets a hot bowl of ramen in front of me and one for himself on the other side of the black table. He sits down with me and watches me as I poke at the noodles.

"I didn't poison it... Be for real now... that would defeat the whole purpose of this," He mutters and uses his spoon to gesture between us, indicating the fact that I'm living with him as well as working for him.

I begin eating as an awkward silence fills the space between us.

"Hey Izaya..." I saw slowly.

He looks at me.

"I-I was wondering if you know any way for me to er.... Heal faster?" I say.

"No. Just keep changing your bandages and applying that gel they gave you to the wound. Plus taking any painkillers" he sighs.

"Okay..." I say.

I continue eating, not looking at the strange information broker, but I can feel him watching my every move.

Something is definitely up.

"Izaya"

"Yes (Fn)-chan~" he replies, a little irritation in his voice.

"Are... Are you scheming with Ren?"I say quietly, still looking away.

There is a pause and then I hear him start to laugh. I look up at him, his shoulders shaking and his hand covering his mouth. Small sounds of laughter escape his lips.

"What kind of drugs did they give you in there (Fn)-Chan?! Hahahaha!"

He calms down and clears his throat. He then looks up at me. His crimson eyes giving me a more serious look with his trademark smirk.

"(Fn)-Chan... If I wanted you dead... You'd already be so. Plus I wouldn't need the likes of Ren, whoever she is, in order to do it."

I freeze at his comment. Then he starts laughing again and I roll my eyes, feeling the tightness in my chest and shoulders loosen.

"But I will be meeting with her."

I look up, seeing him casually shove some noodles into his mouth.

"You see... I got Ren to tell me a few things on the Dollars chat and since she has no idea who I actually am and doesn't think I know her and have connection to you..." He trails off and gets up, grabbing his now empty bowl.

He sets it in the sink and turns, leaning against the counter, looking at me still.

"I plan to meet her, if you are well enough I'd like you to join me. Then, we will take care of her for good~!" He smirks even more.

"Like... Kill her?! We can't do that!" I say, getting up myself, despite the pain in my side.

"Pffft. No." He says, walking over to me.

"Then wh-"

"You'll see once we get there when the time comes. That is if you come with me." He says, resting his hands on my shoulders.

Just what is he planning?