Kanra

Izaya's P.O.V

Kanra giggles as she pulls on my hair as I hold her in my arms while flipping the sizzling meat on the skillet.

"Daddy when mommy home?" She asks.

It's still cute when she talks like that, but I can't bring myself to tell her. My body tenses but I smile at her.

"Mommy is... Away for a bit" I say softly and flip the meat.

I didn't take her to the funeral and hired someone to watch her while we were away. I don't want her to remember her mom like that... I want her to remember her mother with a smiling and happy face. Even though being as young as she is, she most likely won't remember her anyhow. Yet, it would always have been in the very back of her growing mind.

Kanra pulls on my hair and I close one eye in a bit of pain as I flip the meat again. Her food gets done in the microwave and it beeps three times. I take her and sit her in her high chair and she smiles at me.

"Let daddy go get your food" I say and grab the small plate and tiny spoon.

I set it in front of her and give her the spoon. I return to the stove and take the meat off and set it on a plate and begin to fix my meal. Once that's done, I sit down and watch Kanra try to shovel her food into her mouth. I smile and laugh a bit then grab her spoon and start to feed her. I eat at the same time.

"Haha daddy silly!" She laughs.

"Yes, yes daddy is" I say softly and brush her hair out of her face.

I start to imagine me having to dress her and brush her hair and do it all cute. And when she grows up and deals with boys and... I start to dread the future.

But I won't give up.

She's all I really have left.

Kanra throws a chunk of a carrot at my face and I snap out of my thoughts. She giggles and kicks her feet in excitement.

"No throwing" I say as I throw it gently back at her with a smirk.

She laughs more and claps her hands. Soon she gets tired and I take her in the bathroom for a bath. She almost falls asleep then and there. I get done and she smells like lavender. I put her to bed and go back to pick up the rubber duck she plays with. I squeeze it and it makes a squeaky noise.

"What do kids find so amusing about these?" I say to nobody and examine the duck.

I shrug and toss it in the bin with her other stuff. I see (Fn)'s stuff is still here. I have to get rid of it... I sigh and close the cabinet for now and head to my computer. It turns on and I start do my usual hunt for people. It hits me that I haven't logged into the Dollars' chat room in a while...

Kanra has entered the chat room

Bakyura: Hey Kanra

Setton: How are you doing?

Kanra: Fine...

Taro Tanaka: That's not reassuring

Kanra: It's soo hard T^T
(What, your d? 😏)

Setton: It'll be that way for a while...

Bakyura: Hope it gets better

Kanra: Woah Bakyura is being nice! O.O

Taro Tanaka: Anyways, is everyone recovered from the fight?

Kanra: Mentally or physically?