Butterflies in the Air

Your P.O.V

"Rise and shine sunshine~"

I roll over and throw a pillow over at Izaya. I miss as he dodged, and I look up and groan, "five more minutes..."

"Five more minutes and I'm taking the flight and hotel expense out of your next paycheck~" he tugs on my hair.

I sit up, seek him sitting in the side of my bed. He has these loose and comfy black shorts and a grey hoodie on. A little different than his usual attire.

I look over at the clock and see it's three thirty in the morning. "Who's bright ideas even was this..." I grumble as I throw back the covers.

"Mine" he says sweetly and skips out of my dark room.

I go and brush my teeth and hair. I throw on some sweats and a casual shirt. I grab the last minute things and stuff them in the suitcase and wheel it next to the door. Izaya is typing on his computer, then gets up and turns it off.

"Ready for a fifteen hour flight?" He says cheerfully.

"I'm bursting with excitement..." I yawn.

"Wonderful," he claps his hands together, "I think our driver should be here soon. Have everything?"

The only thing I could picture was him dressed like a mom and ushering kids out the door for school or something. I let a giggle escape my lips as he grabs the handle to his suitcase and slights his carry on bag over his shoulder.

"What?"

"You."

He shrugs and opens the door for me. I grab my suitcase and bag and we both make our way to the lobby.

•••

I look out the little circle window as the plane starts to slowly move forward. "Oh no no no..."

I look over at Izaya and then back out this window as the plane starts to pick up speed. I feel Izaya's slender hand snake around mine and he interlaces our fingers. "It's okay."

I look at him and see his shoulders shake as he tries to bite back a laugh. "This is not funny Izay- ahhhhh!"

The plane tilts upwards and we are off the ground.

"Really? I think it's hilarious! But I would like to keep my hand (Fn)-Chan..."

I realize I've got a death grip on his hand and I let out a slow breath and try my best to relax. At this point we are fully in the air and I slouch back in my seat.

"See? Not so bad!"

"And I have to do this again..."

"If you'd rather boat over we can."

"Yeah I'd prefer not. Thanks for the offer anyways..."

Izaya gives me a soft smile before relaxing into his seat. He booked us first class so they are nice and comfy. He reclines back a bit and closes his eyes. "Wake me up when they bring the snack cart around."