Broken Leash

Your P.O.V

"Hello! Mommy and daddy are back from vacation~" I coo as I pick up Kanra.

She smiles at me and then I set her back down on the floor. Izaya is in our room finishing unpacking everything. I somewhat have a feeling he's enjoying going through my things. Oh well. He's seen it all before.

Recently too.

Kanra's hair is growing longer and she's starting to resemble her father much more. I watch her play from the couch as I turn on the TV. But I suddenly freeze as I feel something chilling crawling up through my body. My dream flashes through my mind and I take a shaky breath, watching Kanra.

It was just a nightmare. Nothing more. And that's all it ever will be.

Nothing will happen.

"How are my lovely ladies doing?~" a playful tone calls from somewhere behind me.

"Daddy!" Kanra squeals and jumps up.

She runs over to him and latches on to his leg. Izaya bends over and ruffles her hair.

"You can tell she missed you" I say with a smirk.

"I'm sure she has. But we all know you're her favorite (Fn)-chan"

I smile and turn my attention back to the TV. Like father like daughter. They both share a lot of the same traits, not only appearance but attitude as well.

"So has your so called friend tamed his dogs yet?" I ask, remembering what he said at the place we went to go eat at during vacation.

He hesitates, "I have yet to find out"

"When?"

"Soon"

"Error. Soon is not defined"

Izaya laughs, "so my wife is a robot now?"

"Affirmative"

He picks up Kanra and sets her next to me on the couch, "Soon as in, right now"

I smirk and watch him go over to his computer. I know I really enjoyed spending time with him but, unfortunately, it can't last forever.

Masaomi's P.O.V

"Where have you guys been?"

"Out"

Someone from the crowd exclaims, "must have ran into some poles or some shit" then bursts out laughing.

"Got a little roughed up by that bartender guy, Heiwajima... Protectin' that one crazy bitch we're tangling with"

I sigh and stand up, "Well I've told you enough. Leave her alone. Unless you want to have a fight with them..."

The guy grins, "Haven't had any fun in a long time"

I make fists, "No. We are not getting mixed up with them!"

"Sure. Whatever ya say boss" he shrugs and walks out.

They won't listen to me. I'm honestly stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can either let them fight and cause a scene or step down and be a coward that can't control his guys.

Izaya's P.O.V

I scroll through some news on my phone while (Fn) is in the shower and Kanra is in bed asleep. I read about a few incidents that's been going on around the city.

I fire up the Dollars chatroom and shoot everyone a message, seeing how most of them are on.

Kanra: Did you guys hear about all of the loose dogs? (•~°)

Setton: Loose dogs?

Bakyura: He means the gang violence going on in Ikebukoro

Setton: Oh yeah I've heard. Ran into some guys a few days ago, actually...

Kanra: I wonder if the owner was able to put a leash on his dogs? (•∆•)

Bakyura: I don't think he can

Kanra: What a shame (T~T)

I smirk at the screen then get up from the couch and look out my huge window over the city. Illuminated by lights and brought to life by people walking here and there.

"What a shame indeed"

************************************

Hello lovelies~

Not much to this chapter but the next few shall be much longer and interesting~

Also, shortly after this is updated, I will be releasing my new Shizuo x Reader will be posted! It's from the question I posted a LOOONG time ago about which fanfiction thingy you'd want to see and I finally got enough chapters done to post some of it :)