Preparations

Your P.O.V

It's been like a week since Izaya had his weird confession session about me being his "favorite human". Since then, he's been really touchy. He's always finding a way to be near me too. He gets really close as he helps me find certain files, and he even puts his hand on my shoulders when he's looking over my work to make sure it's all correct.

But he's also been distancing himself mentally from me too.

"This is it!" He suddenly exclaims.

"What's it?" I look up from the papers I'm sorting through.

"I found the location of Ren's hideout for her little gang. Apparently she calls it the Poison Fangs... Scary" he grins and shakes his head at the name.

"Great! What are we going to do about it? Go blow them up or raid them with a two man army?"

He rolls his eyes, "I'm going to find out when the next meeting is and see what's going down. Maybe then we can see if she has any more plan for you, now that she knows you're bulletproof."

"She already knows what you look like. She will spot you within seconds Izaya!"

"Oh I'm not going. That's why I have a special pawn set up in place..." he smirks.

"Don't endanger anyone. It isn't worth all of that..."

"Yes you are (Fn)."

My face heats up. There he goes again...

"Who exactly will you be sending then?"

———————————————————————————

"Let me introduce you to Mikado Ryuugamine."

A tense, young boy with dark hair and grey eyes waves at me nervously from across the booth. The adjusts the zipper to his green and white jacket and keys out a deep breath.

Izaya had this kid meet us here at this restaurant so we could talk about a plan over some drinks.

"You're sending a young teenage boy?" I exclaim.

"No (Fn). I'm sending a young teenage boy that happens to be the leader of one of the biggest gangs here in Ikebukoro. The Dollars."

My eyes widen. This kid is the leader of the Dollars? I've heard so much about them. It's all anonymous. I've heard good and bad things.

"Some members of our group have posted about them having some trouble with the Poison Fangs. Some of the run-ins haven't been pretty... but knowing the truth behind their actions... I'll step in to put an end to it!"

"Wow Mikado... I really appreciate it. I suggest bringing a friend you can trust. I don't feel right letting someone like you do all of my bidding."

"I have someone in mind," he scratches his head.

"Well then... let's get into the preparations shall we?" Izaya says as the waitress sets down his second cup of coffee.

We go through multiple scenarios and who is involved and how everything can either go great or turn south. I sip on the lemonade I ordered as Mikado swirls the ice in his soda. "What's the worst possible outcome?" I ask.

Mikado looks up, "a turf war..."

———————————————————————————

???'s P.O.V

It seems like everything is falling into place exactly as I'd hoped.