Jordyn I would love to "fix" your heater for you. Chapter Thirty Eight.

Chapter 38. Jordyn I would love to "fix" your heater for you.

Two weeks later.

"Christmas is coming soon." Zoey smiles.

I smile slightly. "Yeah it is."

"You know, Jordyn. You never told me what was bothering you. You just ran off. And that was like the last time we talked till today."

I look down at the fire in the fireplace. "Yeah, it's nothing really."

"Jordyn. I mean come on. When I ask you something I expect you to tell me what's wrong and not just say nothing or skip over the subject. So, will you please tell me what's wrong?" She asks with a small smile.

"Okay. Um. The twins are what's wrong. More so that Eric kid. He gets on my nerves. Badly. Him and his sister know about Mason and I. He's a jerk! He stepped on my only good hand! He's like Brant."

She gasps and covers her mouth. "Are you kidding me?"

"Nope." I say with a pop to the p.

"That jackass! He's so gonna get it when I see him on Monday."

I laugh and gave her a small hug. "You always know how to cheer me up."

She smiles and makes a weird face at me and I do the same back.

"It's freaking cold in your house." She says, shivering.

I nod, "I-I thought you didn't g-get cold bec-cause your f-from Alaska?" I say while stuttering from the cold.

" Well little missy, in houses this is not a normal temperature."

I got up and walked towards the thermostat which read 63 degrees.

"I have it set on 74. It must be broken."

She smirks, " Hmm, it's time to give a call to that hottie of yours, Oh Mr. Evans my heater isn't working, will you come over and help warm me up?" She  try's to mimic my voice, sexual like.

I laugh, " I don't sound like that!"

Ignoring my comment she moves on and starts to mimic Mason's deep voice. " Oh why Jordyn I would love to "fix" your heater for you."

My face flushes, I playfully hit her in her arm while laughing of embarrassment.

The wind howles loudly. The sky was dark grey. Rain pouring. Lights flickered.

"Um I'm not going to ask him to fix anything in this storm." The big tree outside of the kitchen window swaying, back and forth. And then you hear glass shatter. Zoey and I scream and then the lights go out.

"Jordyn?" A deep voice calls out.

Zo grabs onto my arm with her hands trembling.

"Jordyn." Then a chuckle. "Jordyn, I know your in here."

I knew that voice. It sounds like... "Brant."

"Hello Jordyn."

This guy is a freak. I don't know what he wants and I surely don't know why he's so obsessed.

"Brant you asshole! Leave her alone!" Zo yells, stepping besides me.

"No can do princess." He comes close enough to see him smirking.

"Jordyn?"

"Mason?"

"Oh shit." Brant exclaims and runs out the door.

Mason turns on his flashlight on his phone. "Are you two okay?" He asks, scanning my face.

"I'm fine." Zoey tells him.

"Yeah I'm fine too."

*****

We arrive at Mason's house. Before we left my house he tapped up the window and called my mom about what happened. He unlocks the door and we walk in to a wonderful smell of cookies and pizza. Weird combo to smell though.

"Jordyn, your hand is bleeding." Zo informs me.

I look down at my hand and sure enough it is. "Oh."

"Uh, Zoey make yourself at home. I'm gonna take care of her hand." Mason says.

"Um....okay."

Mason grabs my arm gently and pulls me towards the bathroom, making me sit on the counter. He cleans up my hand with disinfectant and cotton balls. Once that was clean he lays his hand on my thigh and looks down.

"Jordyn."

"Mason I know what your going to say. And yes I agree, I need to be more careful."

He looks deeply into my eyes with no facial expression. "Well that too. I was gonna ask you if Brant did anything?"

"No he didn't."

He rubs his neck and looks back down at me, " I love you, Jordyn."

I smile and look into his eyes, "I love you to Mason."