Teachers Choice: Fifteen

Chapter 15.

I look down at my bruised but yet dry bloody hand. A creak echos around my room and I look at the door, seeing Mason walk in.

He smiles slightly, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Could be better."

"What happened?" He asks as he scans my face.

"Oh some guy who looked 30 punched me. Twice."

"Fu-"

"But, I'm okay!"

"Your not okay Jordyn. If I know anything I know your not okay. Have you seen your face?"

I get up slowly "Ow, No?"

He glares at me. So I sit back down. He looks around my room and grabs a mirror off my dresser and hands it to me.

"Well...its like one side of my face is black and the other half isn't."

"Do you know what the guy looked like who did this?"

I think for a moment leaving the room in silence, "Uh..ugly, dark hair, tall. Like any other guy."

"Are you calling all guys ugly?"

"No, no. Who told you what happened?"

"Kyle, he brought you to the nurse and home."

"Oh, yeah he's sweet."

"Do you like him or something?" He asks.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah. He's like a superman undercover."

"No he's not, he's like a dork being a dork. And no him and I are just good friends... why? Are you jealous?" I smile slightly.

He looks down and blush a little then back up at me and smiles. "I guess you can say I am a little jealous..."

"Of course you are?" I perplex. 

"I mean he could spend all his time with you if he wanted..." He begins to mumble "I wish I could do that."

"What?"

He clears his throat, "I care about you."

"Well I care about you too...."

"You do?"

I nod. "Of course I do."

He grins, "Then shouldn't we do something about that?"

"What do you mean?"

He smiles slightly and leans in closer. "I mean I want to be with you, Jordyn."

"I want to be with you too."

"But I'm your Teacher and your my student, it wouldn't be right."

"I know...but age shouldn't matter."

"I don't know how long we will be able to keep it a secret and I might want to do things that you don't want to do and I respect that..."

I look down not wanting to hear what he said, so I decided to change the subject. "Can you get me a new Ice pack?"

"Sure." He gently takes the ice pack from my hand and walks out of my room. I slowly get up out of my bed and walk to my dresser, and  look at my face in the mirror. I walk into my tiny bathroom to clean the dry blood off of my hand, but failed terribly by falling on a dog toy. Which was painfully sharp and cut my arm. How even? Mason walks in and sees me trying to get up. He looks at me and helps me off the floor.

"What happened?"

"I fell."

He picks me up and sets me on the counter. "Yeah I can see that. You know if your weren't so clumsy, you won't have any cuts or bruises." Mr. Evans explains to me, a smirk playing at his lips.

"Shut up!" I mutter, turning pink. "The only reason I fell was because of that stupid dog toy, that I didn't see."

He chuckles, "Yeah the only reason... now where is a wash cloth and the first aid kit?"

"Their both downstairs in my moms bathroom."

He nods before leaving the room. What felt like forever to me, but wasn't even a minute later he comes back up and runs warm water on the cloth.

"Your jaw is bleeding." He informs me.

He dabs gently at the cut on my jaw. "Ow!" I hiss, trying to pull away from Mr. Evans grasp. "Stop it! That hurts!"

Mr. Evans sighs, "I need to disinfect the cuts, Jordyn."

Mr. Evans continues to clean my cuts with disinfectant and cotton balls, every now and then I hissed in pain, but Mr. Evans constant, regular breathing kept me calm.

Once he was done our eyes met and we both smiled.

"Jordyn!!" Kyle shouts.

"I'm in here."

Mr. Evans helps me down and we both walk out of the bathroom. 

Kyle looks at us. "Why is he here? Why are you here?" He glares at Mason.

"I was just checking on Jordyn."

"Oh okay.....that makes.....no sense what so ever!"

"So what are you guys doing here?" I ask..

"We came here to check on you, and you look terrible." Zo scans my face.

"Oh that's something a girl wants to hear."

*********

"Sweetie I won't be here tonight and I'm leaving right now, I called Mason and he's coming over."

"Mom I'm 17 I don't need a babysitter."

"Oh your right. Bye darling."She smiles and she walks out.

*Knock Knock*

I hurried to the door and open it.

"I brought brownies." Mr. Evans grins.